Recent Threads
Main Forum

Newbie question: How does level effect rp?

5 replies
Pogs:
+1
How does my character's level effect RP? Would it be a good idea to use a level cap booster for my character, or is there merit in RPing a character as its level raises? What method is typically done/ best in your opinion?
Posted Dec 3, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+322
I would say not at all, the only things it could impact are having the items needed to make your character in game appear as you describe them, or playing through events which may be required to go to certain areas. Generally there are no level requirements or recommendations for RP, its usually something you can just jump into so long as you have a character concept created.

I would say to do as you wish, in terms of your gameplay experience there might be people who think its better to level your character but in terms of RP I think it has no impact.
Posted Dec 3, 18
Liv
Pogs:
+491
I would disagree that level CAN effect your RP if you're in a guild that does on-location roleplay more often than in-city or bar RP.

Especially if you're going to Amnoon- which is a level 80 zone. I say use that booster, craft level, get to 80 as soon as possible and don't waste money on armor you'll have to use while leveling up- jump the gun, buy your exotics and then you won't have to worry about anything other than e specs.

If you're a NEW character/player to the game, you'll miss out on a great deal of story and lore that DOES effect your character's knowledge of the world you're role playing in. If you're not up to date, it could make your character look like a fool for something they should have known about the world they live in.

Playing and knowing the game/ universe you're roleplaying in is ESSENTIAL in creating a good, solid foundation of lore- it makes the roleplay more immersive and satisfying.

If you have any questions about story or game play, or if you need help, just reach out here on enjin or on discord (Liv#4603) and I would be happy to give you a hand.
Duskfall Security Solutions
---
Olivia De Alvarre
Posted Dec 4, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Kae
Pogs:
+114
Benefactor
As someone who plays a not-very-advanced lvl 80 in Amnoon, I can tell you it's a pain in the butt. Every other scene, I'm like, "Oh yeah, I don't have that mount yet," or "Oh wait, that waypoint is how deep in unexplored enemy territory?" Also, since I rarely do actual gameplay, I never have actual game money, which does make it difficult when it comes to cool armor and whatnot. And also getting those mounts.

So do as I say, and not as I do, because *cough* this is how I come out to my whole guild as a secret gameplay n00b

Kae#8761
Posted Dec 4, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+8
Well, you'll want to level up a character normally so you can gather all the clothing pieces that can only be acquired through gameplay (mostly by buying them off the karma vendors, though there's also dungeon pieces you might want to look into).

However, because of how transmutation charges can only be acquired by map completion, by daily login rewards or by buying them with gems, I'd say that you are better off jumping right to level 80. Otherwise, you'll be wasting charges on equipment that you WILL replace. The only other alternative is to hang on a set of "in-character" clothes, but that takes a lot of precious inventory space.

Of course, this is moot if you don't particularly care about your character clothes.
32o4Tjx.png
Kairos | Naxalas | Ghorlick | Ildur | Ruphia | Rhion | Ulanan | Nyx
Posted Dec 4, 18
Liv
Pogs:
+491
I'm a personal fan of boosting to 80 and pounding through the story since it's level gated.
Duskfall Security Solutions
---
Olivia De Alvarre
Posted Dec 4, 18
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices