Recent Threads
Main Forum

[EU] Calling all bandits, highwaymen, and countryside marauders!

2 replies
Pogs:
+4,977
I'm looking for others that might play characters with these kinds of descriptions, not as much city mobsters and thiefs, but rather the countryside outlaws. I recently made a character of this kind, and when thinking about it, realised I haven't seen much of this in RP. There are plenty of mobsters, drug lords, assassins, spies, and pirates, but bandits? I feel a lack there!

So, as to promote banditry rp, I'm considering opening a seedy bar on the country side. The kind where ruffians hang, where seraph know to stay away, in short, something like the Snuggly Duckling.

GrouchySomberIrishterrier-small.gif

I would staff the bar myself once or twice a week, and if it goes well, other events might follow.
Would there be any interest in this?
Thoughts, questions, or ideas?
KOuANvF.png
Posted Dec 4, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+16
I am 100% on board with this.
I have been brooding on ideas around banditry, outlaw rp and other related concepts for years now, but never really was able to invest as much time in it as would be necessary to see them bloom.
My characters will definitely come visit your tavern, and I hope something will develop from this!

As for suggestions, there is of course the question of the name, but also have you considered who runs the place, what kind of services they might offer besides drinks (such as food, lodging, or entertainment) and what kind of rules exist there if any at all?
You could also come up with some original characters of yours who don't work there, but use it as a hangout, or stories about such that would be told there. That way you can already somewhat set the mood for the rp you want to take place.
Posted Dec 4, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+4,977
Hi! Yees, wonderful that more than me have been thinking about this.

I have been running IC bars before, so I know a bit about what is needed. I see two characters of mine involved, a common barmaid there to be bullied and have beer spilled over her, and my own actual bandit character.

The name would need some considering yes, and I have some ideas already, but more importantly, it would need a proper venue to be held at, and for that I am leaning towards using the tavern at Triskel Quay in Kessex Hills. As far as I know, no guild or establishment is claiming it right now, and it is properly out in the country side to be able to house an outlaw bar.
KOuANvF.png
Posted Dec 5, 18 · OP
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices