The Wolfkin Song

Ri1QJbk.jpg

In the grand halls of Hoelbrak and Norn lodges, songs can be heard of the tales of the long missing Norn slayer, Jorund Wolfkin. As a Wolf shaman, surrounded by hunters and warriors dedicated to Wolf stands in the Wolf lodge
''Hear me, Sons and daughters of Snow, of the Norn of the tales of the one who was both kin to norn and wolf! The slayer who traveled across Tyria and beyond,whose howl encouraged his allies and terrorised his foes, who tore through the foes of Wolf and the Norn in the blackness of night!''

''Of young Jorund, whose arrogance led to his pack demise! Of the young Wolfkin who was reborn from his ashes of defeat! The one who faced the great Mountain Carver, and allowed Wolf's howl to guide his path from the Far Shiverpeaks to the warm Elona! From west to east he carved his way through the lines of dragon minions!'

''And yet, what happend to him? None can say, for while as he fought under the leadership of the Norhwind Lodge, the Golden Phoenix, the Magpies Mercenaries and many more, so little of him has been heard! None of his howls can be heard anymore and none has been heard from him in a while.''

''If he dead, one can hope he died against a foe greater then him at last. But if he still is alive, Wolf watch over him, for so much of him has been told, and yet still not complete. And such is the tale of Jorund Wolfkin, the Wolf-Norn. The Norn who rose from the ashes of defeat to become Wolf's wrath and send the foes of our father and brother to their end...''

And thus, like in many Norn lodges in the Shiverpeaks, the skalds begin to sing of the legend of the Wolf-Norn..

Howls of war under starless nights
A whisper of wrath on a wary breeze
Scorching the land in a blazing trail
Cinder and ice foul the air we breathe
Blood of fallen kin.
Blades of havoc ring
Fang and claw sing
For slaying
Keen to the scent, the hunt is my life
A means to an end this saga that I choose
Lost and alone are the path of my past
Wake the Wolf-Norn!