No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum

Roleplay Communities

2 replies
Nyx
Pogs:
+24
I've tried to get back into Guild Wars 2 for a while now. Mainly do I play games like this for roleplay, with casual PvE on the backburner.. mostly to gather cosmetic items to use for roleplay and such. Which I quite enjoy as well.

But everytime I log in, I hear from old friends and such that the roleplay in Guild Wars 2 is rather nonexistant. At least on the European side. And I must say, running around on Piken Square, I don't catch much roleplay at all. Maybe I am not looking in the right places. Or maybe the roleplay is more existant on the NA side? It'd be great if someone could tell me and explain me a little bit more about how and where roleplay is going on these days.
20fdaog.jpg
Posted Jan 23, 19 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+812
I play NA (Tarnished Coast), I've never really had any issues locating random Tavern RP in Divinity's Reach. It's usually in Salma or Rurikton, and tends to vary depending on the time of day... but there's usually a quite a few folks hanging around the Taverns. For anything outside of the Reach, you'll probably need to find a Roleplay Guild to participate in events with. Keep in mind sometimes you might be in the 'wrong shard' or a different version of a zone due to population balancing.
|Account Name: Arthonias.4750
|Characters: Drake Griggs | Catalyna Reyes
| OOC Tumblr with links to each of my Character's Tumblrs.
|Email: arty_griggs@outlook.com
The Tyrian Accord
D4e5dTQ.png
Posted Jan 23, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Tea
Pogs:
+65
Hey! RP is far from nonexistant, you've just got to look in the right places!

Most of EU's tavern RP is held in Amnoon, and I very often see people there RPing. RP there is upheld by TCA, which is a wonderful guild I suggest checking out;
https://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/home/m/2737230/viewthread/31872234-city-amnoon-tca

I've never been one for DR RP, being a legion charr RPer, so I cannot speak on the DR scene, or any scene that isn't charr really, but most EU RP outside of amnoon tends to be guild RP. The RP guilds I am in personally are 'The conclave of sorcerers' which mainly does RP in guild hall, but does have outside events, 'The Sixth Cohort' which is charr RP only, and sadly sort of dead; but sometimes events happen (I'm personally seeing to making sure of it, until I get Lunar up and running proper,) and Lunar Warband which is not open for the public as of yet, but soon (more charr RP, but it does prove that RP exists, at least!)

I hope you can find what you're looking for! I very much suggest getting into a guild, and/or checking out Amnoon.
EU- Xyx.3768 // NA- Bun.3081
Posted Jan 23, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices