Recent Threads
Main Forum

New newbie here!

1 reply
Pogs:
+1
Hello!

I'm an old-ish GW2 player (3 ½-years), but I've never roleplayed in-game.. I've had some past experiences in some RP forums (not in anyway GW2 related) and only in my native language which is Finnish. I'd really love to at least try some casual RPing, possibly even join a RP guild, although I might be little shy because of the possible language barrier. ^^''
Posted Feb 3, 19 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+931
Hello there and welcome!

While I don't know where the best place to try out some casual RP may be, as this also depends on what you're looking for, you can find a list of all actively recruiting guilds over here.

Two of the biggest differences between MMO and forum RP you'll likely notice are post length and speed; MMOs tend to have much faster, snappier responses, which naturally lead to a faster overall flow. However, should my own experience be anything to go by, that's easily overcome with time and a bit of practice.

That said, EU does have a fair amount of players whose second language is English, meaning that associated troubles are generally accepted to simply happen. As long as you're trying and other people can more or less understand what you mean, you should be fine in that regard! Being nervous is understandable, of course.

Happy roleplaying!
YVXCgfZ.png
Posted Feb 4, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices