Recent Threads
Main Forum

Say something nice.. About Guild Wars!

2 replies
Pogs:
+683
Extra Life!
Hey all!

If you haven't heard, a lot of really good people at ArenaNet, sadly, were let go from their positions earlier today.

Many folks in the Guild Wars community have pulled together to offer words of support to those who have been affected - to show how much we appreciate their efforts. If you'd like to share some words of appreciation - please say something you love about GW1 and GW2 below! It can be something small and simple - or it can be a word wall full of love.

Either way - the point of this thread is - let's show folks how much we appreciate their hard work on a game we've spent some time on.

If you'd like to share your love outside of this thread, I encourage you so also check out the #Love4ArenaNet hashtag on social media.

You can also check out the GW2 Wiki here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2_Wiki:Love4ArenaNet

And I think there's also an official forums thread floating around.

Either way - if any of you could spend some time saying something nice about the game and/or the devs, and leave it here, that would be appreciated. Then we could show the devs how much the RP community cares about the work they put into the game - whether current or in the past.

Thanks, everybody!
3RUeUNS.jpg
Incedia Flora ( GW2: Ciijay.2916, Discord: Ciijay#4408) || Tarnished Coast
--
Tyrian Apple Company [TACo]
Posted Feb 25, 19 · OP · Last edited Feb 25, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+26
I just came out of a long hibernation just to pay my respects to GW2 and mourn a world I'm going to miss terribly, and for good reason.

Game developers may not often think of their work in terms of the real lives they might unknowingly touch and influence from afar, but without WvW, and particularly the people of my server, some of my faith in humanity might never have been restored, in the sense that you feel like it's hopeless to expect that anyone really values you in return.

I had some of my best times roaming with my troops and sharing great sufferings with people whose loyalties were forged in the worst fires and bitterest winters as a commander of Borlis Pass. Many times, I'd be depressed, sometimes feeling suicidal, and it'd lighten up some when I had such pure-hearted friends around to comfort me. Even when we were losing and losing badly, I knew I wasn't alone in my misery, and at least we were losing together.
Posted Feb 26, 19 · Last edited Feb 26, 19
Pogs:
+683
Extra Life!
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Thom. I'm glad to see the game was able to bring light in your life!

Thankfully, Guild Wars 2 doesn't seem like it will be going anywhere. But - more than ever we need to show our support for those who left the team, and those who still remain who will miss their coworkers dearly.

I hope to hear from others who can share what light Guild Wars 2 brought to them as well.
3RUeUNS.jpg
Incedia Flora ( GW2: Ciijay.2916, Discord: Ciijay#4408) || Tarnished Coast
--
Tyrian Apple Company [TACo]
Posted Feb 27, 19 · OP
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices