No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum

(EU) Unique Bandit RP - Interest Check

8 replies
Pogs:
+170
Hey! So It's been a while but I'm finally trying to get back in to Guild Wars 2 after a long absence from the game.

BANDIT GUILD/RP- ARE YOU INTERESTED?

An Ambitious Idea For RP?

I have been toying with the idea of Traveling Bandit RP along the same ilk as Red Dead Redemption 2.

The Bandits would be a community; Traveling and making money through illegal and (occasional legal) means while fighting to survive in the wild. Which means RP surrounding Hunting Animals, Fishing, Camping and Cooking around a fire while dealing with the Difficult Living Conditions is always a Starting Point for an Event Idea. In my opinion, it would explore a unique aspect in RP as events can centre around providing for themselves and their community while living on the run. Of course there would be typical bandit events such as robbery, heists, extortion and murder. However, living in the wild can deliver out-of-the-box RP utilizing everything the environment has to offer. It also serves as a way for Roleplayers to have something to do.

This would mean the group would be taking advantage of the plains and (hopefully) be able to meet other RPers through chance encounters outside of Guilds and Cities. Depending on the moral compass of our character this could lead to a lot of interesting scenarios. Being out in the open also gives an invitation for anyone to join in at anytime.

The Bandits wouldn't be staying at the same location for very long as they are on the run. Thus, taking advantage of the full map of Tyria is necessary. A running Guild Story will be provided which gives reason and motive to go from one location to another. My idea is to use the scenery of Deserts, Mountains, Docks, Forests, Caves and Cities to it's potential.

Characters:

Everyone will have their own reason for wanting to join up. It will be interesting to meet and work with those regardless of what direction their moral compasses point. The friction of clashing ideals make for interesting character dynamics. Especially when tasked to work together.

Are you a:

A bandit with a code of honour?

Merciless Killer?

Working Undercover?

Stubborn and Untrustworthy?

No where else to go?

A Snitch?

Someone just trying to survive?

The potential is endless.

So what do you think? Is this a Guild worth creating or is it too ambitious?
Posted Feb 26, 19 · OP · Last edited Feb 26, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1
Bandit / Criminal RP is always interesting. I think being "on the run" is also very interesting instead of being hunkered down like a criminal syndicate that's well established in or around a city. I would suggest having a few different "Hideout" locations planned, just so it doesn't become a wild goose chase to find a new RP spot every week / month / any period if time.

Either way, I'd be down to join something like this, I hope you get more on board with the idea.
Posted Feb 26, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+170
Hey, thanks for showing interests! Yeah, the Hideout Locations will be chosen in advance and follow the Guild Plot.
I'm happy to know you are interested in the idea. I'll get in touch if/when this picks up some steam.
Posted Feb 26, 19 · OP
Pogs:
+1
Hey love the sound of your idea. I’m currently on NA server but Im down to transfer if you are set on starting that guild/group.
Posted Mar 7, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+170
Thanks for showing interest!

So far there hasn't been a lot of people showing interest but if more people like the idea and want to help me get the ball rolling I'll get in touch with you!
Posted Mar 7, 19 · OP
Pogs:
+20
I think this is a great idea! You have a super specific theme to work with AND excuses for easy open world RP. I'd probably make a character for RP like this.

I know I've seen other bandit guilds, though I'm not sure if they do RP of this style? If there's one that already is similar to this, it would probably be easier to join them than make a whole new guild!
Posted Mar 7, 19 · Last edited Mar 7, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+20
I have seen the idea of bandit RP crop up a couple of times. Most recently this came up. It feels like there definitely is interest within the community to do so, but no one has dared to step forth and make it official yet.
I would have done so long ago myself, if I wasn't kind of an in-and-out player. When RDR2 came out, I thought that the idea would get some more attention, as the game made a really good depiction of the possibilities of outlaw RP. I mean you even have guns in Guild Wars! :lol: Charr love bovines and firearms, why hasn't there been a cowboy character yet? You can even ride now! Anyways, I am getting of track...
I think you should definitely try it out. You don't have to create "the biggest bandit project ever in the history of rp". Just grab a few friends and try it out. Most people put their shady characters into mercenary companies, but a group of bandits would offer so much more. I'd join right away.
Posted Mar 8, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+170
Thanks for the interest guys. Interest is definitely growing, I'm going ahead and making this a thing! I'll keep you all posted!
Posted Mar 8, 19 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+170
Hey everyone! So I made a recruitment thread since quite a few folk have shown interest. I also took the time to make a little (crappy) recruitment video. Are you guys still interested?

https://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/home/m/2737230/viewthread/32579724-maxwell-gang-outlaw-rp/page/1
Posted Mar 10, 19 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices