No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum

I want to get back into RP in GW2, but...

1 reply
Pogs:
+61
So I pretty much fell out of the loop some months back with Guild Wars 2, dropping the game and bouncing around to wherever I could. There was a time where I was fairly active, but even then I had a bad habit of jumping between guilds, rarely sticking around for much more than a month before something would crop up and suddenly I was feeling pretty unsure whether or not I should stick around, and then I'd just up and leave while no one was looking. (Bad form, I know.)

Like most people, I'd make a character however I want and then try and find a guild for them to try and fit into. But I'm not sure that works out for me, so I figured I might do the reverse. Try and pick out a guild and then make a character to fit into it in some sort of role.

But that means I need a guild picked out and I have no idea which guilds are still active enough for me to think it might be worth trying this. So in terms of what I'm looking for in a guild -
Semi Active, with some sort of event every week or two and its members online semi-regularly. I don't want to join a guild just to feel like suddenly I'm the only one there. I play Solo and get the same feeling already.
No strict uniform code, seriously. I much prefer seeing variety in how different characters look than the same bland uniform on everyone.
A variety of characters, no Soldier A through to Soldier Z type shtick.
Not too serious and not too light, but just right somewhere in between.
A relatively flexible guild theme that provides a wide range of situations to work with when called for.

So yeah, I want to see if there's any guild that fits such (or at least most) still active or not. I know I could of scanned the Guild Recruitment threads, but I don't feel as if that'd help with how many dead guilds there are. Which is why this post exists and why I'm hoping there's a few who can answer.
ShiraRaven.4037
Posted Apr 3, 19 · OP
Tea
Pogs:
+70
Welcome back to GW2! It's always great to see RPers returning.

Personally, my favourite RP guild (pretty much ever, honestly,) is [Sorc]; It's very magic-orientated but very active and everyone is pretty nice in it (OOC! There are some assholes IC, hah.) - https://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/home/m/2737230/viewthread/32305153-conclave-sorcerers

I'm not a part of [TCA], but I know they're pretty active, and I've RPed with them outside of guild stuff- they've always been enjoyable to RP with casually - https://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/home/m/2737230/viewthread/31872234-city-amnoon-tca

Recently I've had members of Nettlewrath in both [Sorc] and my warband guild, they have a very interesting take on the nightmare and are very enjoyable to RP with, if you want something a little more sinister. https://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/home/m/2737230/viewthread/30114963-eu-nettlewreath-nightmare-court-recruitment-open

These are just a few I've RPed with recently, that I know are active and provide quality RP. I wish you the best on your search!
YBWRbYb.png
EU- Xyx.3768 // NA- Bun.3081
Posted Apr 3, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices