Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 39

The Gendarran Free Company - Recruitment OPEN!

380 replies
Pogs:
+13
Sounds like a guild I personally would very much like to be involved with! Will surely have my Asura attempt to join when I've completed him. Can only hope he fits the guild requirements. :p Either way I'm looking forward to meeting you lot in game. :)
Posted Jul 26, 12
Pogs:
+1,314
The requirements are pretty flexible, and I believe we're going to have quite an 'engineering division' should your midget man be that way inclined. If you want to forward me a character draft, I can let you know if there's any issues.
1mk3oA4.png
The GFC recruitment is OPEN!

Cynthia's Apothecarium - Miraculous cures, cantrips and curses!
Posted Jul 26, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+524
Yet another bump, because I clearly have nothing better to do with my time.
Posted Jul 26, 12
Pogs:
+54
I need to tweak that oath. Remind me to do that.
James Winter - Character Page

The Gendarran Free Company - That guild we took so long to name.

The Tyrian War Council Thread. - Uniting the player base, one squabbling guild at a time.
Posted Jul 27, 12
Pogs:
+54
With regards to a few idle questions I've had about rank structure;

The engineer corps stand separate from the rest of the guild with a straight

Engineer -> Chief Engineer -> Lieutenant -> Captain train of ranks.

Everyone else runs as Recruit - > Relevant Private Rank Determined By Class/Preferred Role -> Corporal of that role -> Sergeant of that Role -> LT/Captain.

That's the best system we're running right now, and there are plenty of spaces in all of the officer ranks bar, obviously, lieutenant and captain. Thus far I don't think we're starting off with any pre-determined Sergeants. Correct me if I'm wrong, Amarae.

Edit: While I know this looks like a pretty bog-standard military ranking system (and that's essentially what it is) it's just easier to manage than any other, so we went with it. It is still subject to change.

The Tyrian War Council Thread. - Uniting the player base, one squabbling guild at a time.
Posted Jul 27, 12
Pogs:
+1,099
Benefactor
'What price, duty?'

It was a common question to tread the consciousness of the over-tall, gangly woman who slowly walked towards the inn. As common as thoughts of food, bathing or breathing. Her scale armour jangled with each stride, marking the rhythm of her approach, flakes of battle-scored, tempered steel dully reflecting the few lights scattered about the quiet street. Well, quiet was, perhaps, the wrong word; the noise from within the tavern was certainly loud enough, but outside it, in the chill of the night, there were few signs of life.

As she reached the door, the woman caught sight of her reflection in a darkened pane of glass. She paused, the same thought running through her mind once more as she looked upon her own face: 'What price, duty?'. Kormir knew, she had already paid so much. Lost so much. And yet...

She sighed, and her darker doppelgänger sighed with her. It was not a pretty face, heart-shaped though it was; the angles of her high cheek bones, her crooked nose, and eyes that appeared just slightly too far apart had seen to that. Her father's blood, beyond doubt, and occasionally while growing up the woman wished she had favoured her mother's aspect; a fair complexion rather than sickly pale, hair the texture of silk and not straw. But then, the measure of a Knight granted little weight to the aesthetic. There were other, more meaningful criteria, she mused.

Salona Forrath's face twisted to a lopsided, weary grin. Yes, she had lost much, sacrificed much - but there was much yet left to give. There was her blade, her life's blood, her death, all owed to the beloved Queen, even if she were unable to serve Her directly. After all, was that not why she had come here? To seek out this supposedly 'Free' Company? To die well, and to some good purpose?

Brushing her mouse-grey, short-cropped hair behind her ears, wiping clear where it had clung to her forehead, Salona braced to a respectful attention, cold and distant eyes reflected back at her from the equally cold glass. 'What price, duty? Whatever price duty damned well demands.'

Nodding once, and firmly, she sidestepped away from the blacked-out window, turning to face the door, and opened it with a single, powerful shove.

---

Count me in :)
Posted Jul 28, 12
Pogs:
+54
For those who might want to know, since I've been asked a few times already, you don't need a definite character concept to request to sign up pre-launch, or join the guild after. We're happy for you to join up, get to know us and level - and then work your character out after you're ready.

I've had a few people ask, so I thought I'd just post it in here.

Posted Aug 3, 12
Pogs:
+13
I'm very interested to sign up, but how does one go about doing that? :) Should I PM? My character is a work in progress and not nearly finished. That said, it does provide room to tweak him quite a bit if needed.
Posted Aug 3, 12
Pogs:
+1,314
PM the details as far as you've got them to me / James W and we'll send you some feedback on how to make sure you fit in.

At this point, all you need to do is register your interest with us for 3 weeks' time. If you want you can be either signed up prior to GW2's release date, or join on release/shortly after IC.
1mk3oA4.png
The GFC recruitment is OPEN!

Cynthia's Apothecarium - Miraculous cures, cantrips and curses!
Posted Aug 3, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+54
Amarae wrote:
PM the details as far as you've got them to me / James W and we'll send you some feedback on how to make sure you fit in.

She does mean PM us both with your details, not just one of us or the other. I should point this out. We want to scrutinize you maliciously together. And by that I mean discuss what we like about your ideas on your character so far and such. Some very interesting people have expressed an interest so far! Too much use of the word interest there. Oh well.

Posted Aug 3, 12
Page
of 39
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices