Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 39

The Gendarran Free Company - Recruitment OPEN!

380 replies
Pogs:
+1,314
We've had quite some promising applications so far! The community response is quite gratifying.

Since most people aren't quite sure how their character is going to pan out yet, or how they'll slot into the guild, I'm considering doing a pre-launch brainstorming session over some communication medium. Just to throw some ideas around and work out details for those who want their character to be initially in the guild, or recruited near release. I'll poke around for feedback and let everyone know when we're decided when and where.

Edit: Our website is now up and running and set for forum participation, so feel free to come over and sign up. We'll approve people pretty snappy.

We're gonna be putting a lot of info down over the next few days via the forum so stay tuned.

http://tgfc.enjin.com/home
1mk3oA4.png
The GFC recruitment is OPEN!

Cynthia's Apothecarium - Miraculous cures, cantrips and curses!
Posted Aug 6, 12 · OP · Last edited Aug 6, 12
Pogs:
+54
Website is improving steadily and gaining some more information. I'll be throwing a lot up on there myself and keeping an eye on everything over the next few days, so any questions, ping them my way. Or Amarae's, but she has slightly more of a life than me. For those wondering, the site is in the original post.

And as I've already had two questions about the "Books" section of the forum, it's firstly going to contain a few books written by James and Amarae together detailing what's expected (very vaguely and somewhat comically) of a member of the company. Beyond that, it's also going to be a place we put up IC-written logs of what the guild gets up to for people to read at their leisure. That's just a question I've had already, so I figured I'd answer it here in case anyone else has it.
James Winter - Character Page

The Gendarran Free Company - That guild we took so long to name.

The Tyrian War Council Thread. - Uniting the player base, one squabbling guild at a time.
Posted Aug 6, 12
Pogs:
+10
I'm actually very interested in this. I'll give one of you two a poke at some point. I can see myself joining with my future Charr.
Posted Aug 12, 12
Pogs:
+1
Mod Edit:Be excellent to one another.

-Dagny
Posted Aug 15, 12 · Last edited Aug 15, 12
Pogs:
+1,314
Seven days remain, and the GFC forums have suddenly come alive with glorious story-creating activity. Fun times!

There's not long left if you want to be part of the company prior to the game launch. We're suddenly overloaded with engineers, so we'd be extra welcoming to some variation! Especially thieves, mesmers and elementalists seem to be under-represented at the moment, maybe guardians would be nice too.

Pre-launch brainstorming is going ahead in our forum at the moment to work out how people will slot into the guild.

Otherwise we're pretty much set to go for early access day. At worst the guild might not be made until about 1PM GMT since I'll be busy that morning, but the rest of the time I've set aside for pure gametime.

Plenty of good people looking for just what we intend to have in spades: tight-knit, character based RP between relateable characters. I think this will be even better if you're there from the start, so don't hesitate to throw yourself in and get involved!

See you all when the time comes. Cheers!

- A
1mk3oA4.png

Posted Aug 17, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+1,314
Starting to see a good spread of classes now, but we're short of plant people. Any Sylvari roleplayers out there with a fondness for foliage related puns? I really want at least one.

- A
1mk3oA4.png

Posted Aug 20, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+4
I have my eyes set on a Sylvari Mesmer once the game goes live, and would love to join in. It's been two years since I last roleplayed actively, and this sounds like a solid, yet flexible concept. Anyways, I'll figure out the Sylvari lore, get going on a background story and send in an application or something before the weekend arrives.
Posted Aug 21, 12
Pogs:
+1,314
Wonderful!

If anyone wants to talk/PVP with me in game in the stress test, my character is Sarra Springvale at the moment.

- A
1mk3oA4.png

Posted Aug 21, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+78
So I know this person. She's a good person. If she's running a guild, it'll be a good guild. That is all.

- A

( Mwahahahahaha >;D )
You do not have a right to own public spaces in-game. You do not have the right to ICly harass others into accepting your authority over a public space. Approval by the majority does not give you the right to tell the minority that they cannot RP whenever and however they please, no matter how rude or tasteless you might personally think they're acting. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. -- by Amidwx
Posted Aug 22, 12
Pogs:
+1,314
We finally have a Sylvari, and my need for plant puns is temporarily sated.

But there's always room for growth.
1mk3oA4.png

Posted Aug 23, 12 · OP
Page
of 39
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices