Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 2

Server Balance and WvW [Updated]

16 replies
Pogs:
+85
We have thus far shown ourselves to be pretty solid in WvW except when up against truly massive servers.
Posted Aug 14, 12
Pogs:
+8
Our LGBT guild Agenda is coming to Piken Square. We have a fairly large community of roleplayers, and even more WvWvWers. So you can add a fairly large amount of players to your estimate of our forces.

In the BWEs and stress tests we've been on Aurora Glade. From what we could tell we were one of very few guilds to actually take part en-masse in WvWvW. We were numbering a group of about 20-30 and taking keeps/castles then holding them and taking supply camps, having fun but also trying to be organised about it.

Come launch we expect alot more of our 150 or so members to join us on Piken Square, where we'll be regularly doing WvWvW together.

Also; we have quite a few members from the US who will be choosing Piken Square as their home server; out of hours WvWvW support anybody? ;)
Posted Aug 15, 12
Pogs:
+267
In readin through this thread, uh... Just to clarify something. Guesting can not influence WvW numbers. Guesting is only so you can hang out with friends in PvE content, and perhaps RP with them. If you enter the Mists or WvW you are put on your home server's instance of that, always.

Just making that clear.
Posted Aug 15, 12
Pogs:
+1
The first WvWvW weeks are gonna be so fun :d
Posted Aug 15, 12
Pogs:
+7
That's a huge boost that might be exactly what I was hoping for. Might even the tides quite well! I've had more time to think about the rough figures and its looking like we should have a very decent amount on the server. Enough for a fair chance at WvW with the right server commitment.

I've started to realise that the sharing of pvp experience and tactics might be more useful than the numbers at this point and would encourage anyone to do so. When the game being's and I'm settled on my character I may try to form frequent weekly groups that encourage new WvW'ers to learn and share an interest.

I've been reading up on WvW tactics and came across a video I think was called "remember the alamo"? on YouTube. about 15 people defended a keep from what looked like maybe more than 30 using siege weaponry at the gate. It was quite impressive. Do we have a WvW tips and tricks page or post floating about the site?
Posted Aug 15, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+7
Brahgi wrote:
In readin through this thread, uh... Just to clarify something. Guesting can not influence WvW numbers. Guesting is only so you can hang out with friends in PvE content, and perhaps RP with them. If you enter the Mists or WvW you are put on your home server's instance of that, always.

Just making that clear.

Yes.

But suggest there are three servers, the dominant one that we're having trouble beating, we're in the middle somewhere, and another one is falling behind. Guesting or promoting posts in the forums to the one that is falling behind may be the difference between the bulk of them attacking us, and the bulk of them working with us.
Posted Aug 15, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+1,557
Admin
Benefactor
Moved to the War Academy.
Posted Aug 24, 12
Page
of 2
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices