Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 7

WvW, Why are we falling behind?!

62 replies
Pogs:
+1
Its sad to see the other two dominating us so hard . But anywho, my question is:

Why is it... 99% of piken square wont talk during WvW matches, no directions, no one co-ordinating, Its just a wall of silence... do we have any organised WvW at all?
20fc49e8ac1972f6.png
Posted Aug 26, 12 · OP
I can't be sure of this but i can see 2 outcomes.

1. People are just to in depth with Roleplaying and forget to talk.
2. As a sever we haven't got in our stride yet.

Give it a week or so and I'm sure it will change.

As for organized WvW i am sure some guilds have started it already but i can't be sure i haven't got access to the game.
Posted Aug 26, 12
Pogs:
+1
There is no RP'ing going on within WvW, so i doubt its 1. Its just irritating that even with a zerg, no one is telling people where to go, you loose sight of the zerg and your running in circles to find it again
20fc49e8ac1972f6.png
Posted Aug 26, 12 · OP
You could start to try to organize something your self if you already haven't tried that, but at the end of the day it up to them if there want to reply and be a team player, there nothing really you can do with out sounding like a broken record in the chat.

But i would just give it a week it will most likely pick up as we find our stride.
Posted Aug 26, 12
From what I've heard, we'll be automatically matched up with servers that are more in line with our performance level after a day or two, so we're probably just unlucky enough to have initially been pitted against two servers with a lot of organised WvW guilds. I do agree that communication is an issue too. Strategy and communication are key, but unfortunately the likes of WoW have bred a 'zerging' generation of gamers who whine the moment throwing themselves at the enemy doesn't work.
Posted Aug 26, 12
Pogs:
+1
Unfortunatly our first matchups have been against Fissure of Woe and Vabbi, both whom have dedicated WvW community, so the floor has literally been wiped with us.

Communication however is a big key, seeing as alot of us were running in circles trying to find the others. I just hope people realize what the chat function is for.
20fc49e8ac1972f6.png
Posted Aug 26, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+10
I read somewhere that there has also been an issue with the scoring system for WvW, I don't know whether that's affected us but I do think it's a little early to be judging the state of our server!

Also, Piken Square has always had "Low" population when I've checked, I know that doesn't translate exactly into fewer people in the WvW maps but... probably? That and, having played on Whiteside Ridge in the betas, they are gonna be a pretty big pvp server, I think.
Posted Aug 26, 12
Pogs:
+2
As others have said we've just been unlucky, yesterday we were up against Whiteside Ridge, which I believe is the Reddit server, and Underworld, who mopped the floor with both of us. Today we're up against Fissure of Woe and Vabbi, who also seem to be doing the same, though when I checked earlier we weren't doing too badly.
Marcus Brand - Mesmer
Adelina Thorne - Guardian
Posted Aug 26, 12
Pogs:
+205
Benefactor
So far our server has been teamed up with all the major big servers in europe.

Vabbi (2 times) is the 4 chan server and one of the first servers thats been around since the press beta's.

Whiteside Ridge (2 times) The unnofficial reddit server has a huge population and some major WvW guilds.

Fissure of Woe. Unofficial Italian. They've been kicking major ass in the BWE's as well.

Only in the first match did we fight against smaller servers and we came in second then.

I think no one should worry. Obviously the matchmaking process doesnt work very well right now but it will recalibrate in the coming weeks and hopefully get fixed. Eventually we should be teamed up with servers our size.

I also strongly believe that we have an advantage in the long haul. Many of the other average servers will see their populations decline as people jump ship to bigger servers, however because we are the only RP server our population should always be steady. As the times goes on and many of our roleplayers and explorers start to enjoy more time in WvW I expect us to do increasingly better. In many games the RP servers are actually the highest populated servers or near the top.
bliiissss.png

Join the Unofficial European RP Community Server!
Posted Aug 26, 12
Pogs:
+1,557
Admin
Benefactor
Moved this to the War Academy.
Posted Aug 26, 12
Page
of 7
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices