No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 2

EU WvW: How about a planned effort? (EVENT)

13 replies
Hi guys.

So, while we're not doing TERRIBAD, we could definitely combine our strength and try to dominate a little. That would be nice. I figured that maybe we should try to actually band together and try something now, a week + after launch. So how would people feel about a planned date, where we all gather up either on the same VOIP or in little squads (Perhaps 5 at most, then the 5 'leaders' join a group in game) and try to play in symbiosis.

Now, I'm no tactical genius - so if any of the kind could stand up and claim leadership of this, I think that would be really cool. :d I'm of course willing to try and organise as much as I possibly can - but I think there are a great group among us that are a far stretch better at PVP leadership than I am.

Thoughts? Opinions?

POLL: What day is most comfortable for you to organise a 1-3 hour "WPVP" event (no need to stay for the full duration, of course)? I suggest, time wise, that we start at 7PM UK time (8PM CET) and play till approximately 9.30PM UK time (10.30 CET). I personally would like some general rounding off my evening before I go to bed!
Wednesday 5/9
2 votes
8.7%
Thursday 6/9
4 votes
17.4%
Friday 7/9
6 votes
26.1%
Saturday 8/9
5 votes
21.7%
Sunday 9/9
6 votes
26.1%
Number of voters: 11
Posted Aug 30, 12 · OP · Last edited Aug 31, 12
How about making a two day event Azendi for those people who may have to work etc and would want to join in.

P.s i always wanted a victory lap to XD
Posted Aug 30, 12
Pogs:
+105
I think it could be a great idea.
If people join an organized event and find out that it can actually be easier and more rewarding than they thought, it could also lead to a greater involvement in the day by day activity, beyond this single event. If nothing else, it's a great way to "learn by doing" together.

My hardware doesn't allow me to join effectively the most massive battles, but I would love to do my part on medium and little objectives.
I am not capable of leading myself, but I am more than glad to follow orders in PvP..! :d
Posted Aug 30, 12
Pogs:
+5
If you organise it, they will come!

I wouldn't worry too much about the leadership, at this early stage it would be good to get everyone fighting together and see what we can learn from it.

With the server filling up and more people joining WvW, we might have to devide between several of the battleground maps.
Posted Aug 30, 12
Pogs:
+7
I personally love this idea. Was in WvW and couldn't help thinking that with some more effort/teamwork/strategy we could do a lot better. Plus the people in this place are all friendly and I'd love to conquer the world with them!
Posted Aug 30, 12
Pogs:
I'm WvWing most evenings, infact I've barely done an hour of PvE since hitting level 15 and I'm now level 33. I'm not much part of the community here yet as far as RP goes, and I'm a little busy with my own guild and gameplay - however if someone else wants to organise a date and find a big enough voice server then I'll happily provide the tactics, assuming I can make said date.
Rhelex - Asura Necromancer
Posted Aug 30, 12
I have no idea why I've not gotten notifications for this thread. :(

Regardless, it sounds good people - I'll add a poll to the main thread, if you wouldn't mind telling me what date/times the majority of you are comfortable to play on so I can try to get the ball rolling!

Edit: I can't seem to cast a vote on Wednesday. So +1 vote on that day from me.
Posted Aug 31, 12 · OP
I would say best Saturday and Sunday would be our best chance to hold it while everyone of work, and school.
Posted Sep 1, 12
Vokcas wrote:
I would say best Saturday and Sunday would be our best chance to hold it while everyone of work, and school.

Yeah a Saturday would be ideal, IMO. But I can make it on Wednesdays or Fridays, too. :)
Posted Sep 1, 12 · OP
Pogs:
Thursday is the best day for me, but so far I can make all of them.
Rhelex - Asura Necromancer
Posted Sep 1, 12
Page
of 2
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices