Beginner in WvW what to do

3 replies
Pogs:
+1
Hi Community,

after trying one hour WVW, I realised 2 things:
1) I am very bad at it
2) I want to play it.

So I was wondering if there were "training camp" or teaching event organized on pikken square for newbies like me.

Posted Sep 26, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+1
Moredeth wrote:
Hi Community,

after trying one hour WVW, I realised 2 things:
1) I am very bad at it
2) I want to play it.

So I was wondering if there were "training camp" or teaching event organized on pikken square for newbies like me.

good good, this is how almost everyone who is totally new to WvW / PvP starts out particularly if it's their first go and they are without a group of friends to help out . So do not feel alone.

But be warned its addictive and you will never be happy with a purely PvE game again :d

So 3 easy steps to improve / feel more useful without even having to draw a weapon or cast a spell.

1/ Read the RED TEAM CHAT and its well worth reading it for a minute or two and checking the battle map before running out into the zone. This will give you and idea of where to go, where is relatively safe to restock supplies etc and where the fighting is (see golden crossed swords marker on the map, ) and where help is needed. Being in the right place and the right time is half the battle won.

2/ Supplies Repairs and siege - > Always make sure you are carrying supplies (there is a supply indicater in a little tab top centre of your screen ie the barrel plus a number ) Supplies are used to build seige equipment / repair walls and gates they are the "food" of WvW and a well supported well supplied group can hold off or even defeat an enemy of much greater number that has little to no supply. Also golden rule #1 never take supply from a tower or keep unless it is absolute emergency and part of a defense plan.

3/ Revive your team mates but never at the cost of going down yourself. The more you can keep your team up and fighting the more chance you have of success. A revived teammate does not have the time waste and danger of having to respawn and run back into the fight. However never lie waiting for a rez when you know it would be dangerous for others to do so or you are just being used as bait by the enemy to get rez kills ie effectively getting rez camped.

There are alot of very good / very useful vids on youtube that explain WvW and go through beginners stuff to all the more advanced starts that can be used. Its well worth giving a bit if time to watch these through as it will help alot in reading the battle field and action that at first can seem so chaotic and confusing.

In PvP there is a whole lot to learn and you never stop learning and hopefully being challenged and that is the attraction of WvW /PvP for many.

But most imporant of all - Have fun :)

Posted Sep 29, 12 · Last edited Sep 29, 12
Pogs:
+2
if you had the spare time this is 1 thing to do in WvW http://youtu.be/78PxTnHFDSM
Posted Nov 12, 13
Pogs:
pikensquare.info just register there and read the guides. lots of useful infos can be found there. (its the wvw community website)
IrethAlcarin.png
Ireth AlcĂ rin (Guardian - Commander - Main), Ireth Alcarin (Ranger - RP-char), Leandine (Warrior), Alatriel Miril (Elementalist), Lea von Scheele (Mesmer), Lea Alcarin (Thief)
Posted Dec 26, 13
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices