Log In
No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 12

The Rights of Roleplayers

110 replies
Posting and publishing rules for lore standards and whatnot creates a set of restrictions...

Not what I was getting at. I would never promote blanket rules for all roleplayers. Please do not identify my argument as being against the OP - this isn't bipartisan politics. I recognise the necessity for freedoms and restrictions alike, and that the optimal environment occurs under both and not just either or neither.
When it comes down to it, if they aren't harming you, then why is it a problem. As Amidwx said, "live and let live."

This response is rather odd - you're being defensive of an opinion/argument that - if you take a look at my posts - I'm not even presenting. I quite clearly identified that I am looking at a better way of associating quality, regardless of those of poor quality. Take a look at the existing thread of discussion for a bigger picture.
Posted Jul 9, 13
Posts:
350
Pogs:
+1,371
Then I don't know what you want. I suggest ways you can find what you want (which you clearly state several times) you say that's not what you meant. When I address your arguments for change on a grand scale (which you clearly state several times) you say that's not what you meant. Same thing with others, it seems. So I'm confused. I'm genuinely curious what you mean and what you want.

So what do you mean? What do you want? What changes do you propose? Because all you seem to be doing is demanding change but not actually offering ways to make said change.
Brettil
Ysebeau

my tumblr
Posted Jul 9, 13
Posts:
2,508
Pogs:
+8,926
Founder
Potato Queen
It's okay to debate whether you think the rules are good/useful or not! However, if you're looking to create some sort of roleplay utopia set of rules that you wish everyone could be trusted to follow, this thread is probably not for you. This thread is about reminding others of their freedoms, so that they don't feel pressured to RP in ways that they don't find fun or comfortable.
Posted Jul 9, 13 · OP · Last edited Jul 9, 13
Posts:
2,508
Pogs:
+8,926
Founder
Potato Queen
I've been hearing a lot of attitudes lately where one group thinks that they can dictate how, when, and where they can roleplay in order to be "acceptable". I'm bumping this thread as a reminder that no matter how much you might wish someone might roleplay differently than they do, they have the right to do exactly what they're doing without harassment.

It doesn't mean that you have to like their roleplay, or agree with it, or participate in it - it just means that if you're pestering someone for not following a standard or rule that's not in ANet's terms of service, YOU are in the wrong, not them. Live and let live. It's a big game world and there's always going to be someone whose RP you don't care for, and someone who doesn't care for your roleplay either.
Posted Jan 31, 14 · OP · Last edited Jan 31, 14
Posts:
3,419
Pogs:
+5,334
tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
"I just love writing. It's magical, it's somewhere else to go, it's somewhere much more dreadful, somewhere much more exciting. Somewhere I feel I belong, possibly more than in the so-called real world." ~Tanith Lee

Angel's Collection ღ | ღ Nobles of Ascalon ღ | ღ Annalei d'Latu
Posted Jan 31, 14
Posts:
174
Pogs:
+153
muh rights

But if seriously. It's not quite hard to realise that you can do whatever you want to in GW2 whenever RPing. Seeing how it's a public RP server (not even an official one) and absolutely nothing can regulate RP here. At all. And that shows.


This should be alternatively known as "Reposting Common Sense and getting pogs for it".
Posted Jan 31, 14 · Last edited Jan 31, 14
Posts:
2,508
Pogs:
+8,926
Founder
Potato Queen
wrote:
This should be alternatively known as "Reposting Common Sense and getting pogs for it".

You would be seriously surprised how many folks need to hear it, because how often those folks are effectively getting bullied by others who are trying to dictate arbitrary rules and boundaries.

As for the pogs... they're just pogs. They used to be kudos back in my day, and at least I could eat those. Pogs, I have less use for. Sometimes I toss them into a wormhole on my way to work and hope they find their way back to the 90s so some poor kid can feel cool for a day.
Posted Jan 31, 14 · OP · Last edited Jan 31, 14
Posts:
3,419
Pogs:
+5,334
wrote:
wrote:
This should be alternatively known as "Reposting Common Sense and getting pogs for it".

You would be seriously surprised how many folks need to hear it, because how often those folks are effectively getting bullied by others who are trying to dictate arbitrary rules and boundaries.

As for the pogs... they're just pogs. They used to be kudos back in my day, and at least I could eat those. Pogs, I have less use for. Sometimes I toss them into a wormhole on my way to work and hope they find their way back to the 90s so some poor kid can feel cool for a day.

...so that's where my glittery purple slammer came from...
"I just love writing. It's magical, it's somewhere else to go, it's somewhere much more dreadful, somewhere much more exciting. Somewhere I feel I belong, possibly more than in the so-called real world." ~Tanith Lee

Angel's Collection ღ | ღ Nobles of Ascalon ღ | ღ Annalei d'Latu
Posted Jan 31, 14
Posts:
174
Pogs:
+153
wrote:
wrote:
This should be alternatively known as "Reposting Common Sense and getting pogs for it".

You would be seriously surprised how many folks need to hear it, because how often those folks are effectively getting bullied by others who are trying to dictate arbitrary rules and boundaries.

And you will be surprised how many people will misinterpret it.
Posted Jan 31, 14
Posts:
2,508
Pogs:
+8,926
Founder
Potato Queen
wrote:
wrote:
As for the pogs... they're just pogs. They used to be kudos back in my day, and at least I could eat those. Pogs, I have less use for. Sometimes I toss them into a wormhole on my way to work and hope they find their way back to the 90s so some poor kid can feel cool for a day.

...so that's where my glittery purple slammer came from...

You're welcome.
Posted Jan 31, 14 · OP
Page
of 12
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices