Recent Threads
Main Forum

Piken Square wvw coordination

4 replies
gab
Pogs:
+1
Hi,

Looks like there is an unofficial site for piken square, with some coordination going on for the wvw:

http://www.pikensquare.info/

I also found this thread which might be of interest to the rp-ers here;

http://www.pikensquare.info/forum_threads/1277973
Piken Square is supposed to be an unofficial roleplay server - I don't know how true that is anymore, I assume it is still the case. Of course, many on the server aren't too big on RP (me included).. but I have a small suggestion about possibly tapping into the RP crowd and maybe even creating some sense of server unification for WvW.

Basically the idea is that once or twice a week we have a short 'roleplay meeting' for the server that occurs somewhere in PvE. Probably one of the cities, but not Lions Arch due to it being possibly too busy. The meeting is called the 'Piken Square War Council' and we basically meet to discuss WvW, in-character.

Preferably this would be kept quite short.. say no more than 20mins and preferably at a time that has minimal effect on WvW. The ideal time would be shortly before the WvW reset when the outcome of WvW is decided. Thus we leave the meeting ready to do battle with the new opponents.

I've always worried that GW2 wouldn't do much to distinguish the servers, to give each server a sense of server pride. Unfortunately this is the case and all there is to set us apart is a name. Maybe in some way this will create some server pride and comradeship, possibly even encourage roleplayers to join in more with WvW..

All I have is the idea at the moment. Not even sure I have the time to organise such an event, so I am tentatively asking for feedback and suggestions. Is this a good idea or even feasible? Will anyone bother to come? What might we discuss? Where will we meet?

One idea for a meetup relevant to the server is the old site of Piken Square from the original game. The site is 'Old Gate Ruins' in Diessa Plateau.. only thing is there are mobs and the occasional event that pops up.. alternatively there are some military meeting looking places in the Black Citadel.. any other ideas?

I personally really like the initiative in this thread.

Posted Nov 3, 12 · OP
gab
Pogs:
+1
There's a bit of input on this thread now, so chime in if you have an opinion.
Posted Nov 8, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+1,592
ICly, this is already slightly undergoing, we're just working on long-range communications now (So that map chat/whispers/team chat can actually be used ICly, theoretically), but the production of those things had a minor delay... Once that's done though, the Proxy Blades will make a second attempt at hosting a Mistwar Moot... Only this time instead of a war meeting, I'm hoping to turn it into a proper moot with military-themed events, recruitment and all such things throughout the weekend. Any help organizing something like this would be appreciated!
Posted Nov 8, 12
I see what they are trying to do but I find it somewhat vain.
RP and PvP are on opposite ends of the gaming spectrum and trying to get them to work together in the way that is being suggested is such a big ask.
This notion of getting RPing involved in organised WvW is ill-fated. PvPers just don't care for RP and will see people RPing on a battlefield as being a dead weight. If this was to happen then it would have to be OOC, WvW is is PvP after all, which defeats the point of trying to get 'RPers' in particular involved, as we would just be the same as everyone else.
Posted Nov 8, 12
Pogs:
+91
Arcan Darkfire wrote:
I see what they are trying to do but I find it somewhat vain.
RP and PvP are on opposite ends of the gaming spectrum and trying to get them to work together in the way that is being suggested is such a big ask.
This notion of getting RPing involved in organised WvW is ill-fated. PvPers just don't care for RP and will see people RPing on a battlefield as being a dead weight. If this was to happen then it would have to be OOC, WvW is is PvP after all, which defeats the point of trying to get 'RPers' in particular involved, as we would just be the same as everyone else.

actually.... we have a ton of RP going on in WvW on TC, and most people love it. we have a pirate crew who are IC in all the channels, and even in their posts in the match thread on the official forums, and it really gets everyone into it. even other teams enjoy their posts on the official forums. there's no law saying that RP and PvP are mutually exclusive. as long as people are pulling their weight, RP really makes WvW a much much more enjoyable experience. if they're just standing around the spawn area, basically doing tavern RP, then yeah, people won't be happy about that. especially if they're understaffed and losing territory. but if people are IC defending an area, they're a very valuable part of the team. in fact, they'll earn even more respect for being able to handle both at the same time.

don't get me wrong, there's always going to be someone who views RPers as inferior at PvP..... until they're proven otherwise. it might end up being a gradual process, but nothing worth having ever comes easily. and believe me, RP in WvW is worth having.
Posted Nov 8, 12
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices