Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 21

The Ashen Chapter [Vigil RP]

207 replies
Pogs:
+153
"Protect the weak, destroy the wicked, uphold the peace. Act with honour." The Ashen chapter oath
Many thanks go to our resident asuran Genius, Zali for the video.

RECRUITMENT: CLOSED.

Background:

The Vigil is a military order dedicated to fighting the Elder Dragons and their minions by force of arms. They believe that the only way to defeat the Elder Dragons is to unite the races of Tyria and to face the minions of the Elder Dragons wherever they appear. The Vigil wants to face the Elder Dragons directly, testing Zhaitan's power in the hope that such methods can one day be used against the dragon itself. They believe that the Elder Dragons grow more powerful as each day passes, and that those who do not fight now are giving the world away by standing passively aside. They intend to be an army of light against the onslaught of darkness. Lately they operate with chapters, usually lead by a Warmaster. The Ashen Chapter is one of many, but aims to be amongst the most accomplished.

The Pact has been accused of callousness for not coming to the aid of Lion's Arch, but all three of its constituent organisations—the Vigil, the Order of Whispers, and the Durmand Priory—have devoted resources to its protection. Besides, the Pact has a greater mission, namely to protect against the Elder Dragons. But with the suspicion by Priory scholars that rousing a dragon is exactly what Scarlet intended to do, two years from their defeat of the Elder Dragon Zhaitan, the Pact have tentatively begun to assert their role as the self-appointed protectors of Tyria once more.

In the aftermath of the war against Mordremoth, the Vigil and the Pact as a whole are struggling to rebuild. With the destruction of the majority of the fleet, the Marshal being dead, and leadership passed around like candy amongst children, the future for the organised dragonslayers Is uncertain, but until the day a disbanding happens, the Chapter will fight for the people of Tyria.

Our goals:

The Ashen Chapter has a clear vision. To become a solid member of the community on Piken Square. We wish to deliver unique role-play, based around an extremely compelling and rich theme that is the Vigil. Not just standing around a tavern all day long. We wish to represent the Vigil as truthfully as possible, within the constraints of the game's mechanics.

What we offer:

We offer the full Vigil experience package. From standing around on guard, to taking down minions of the Elder Dragons, even dragon slaying when the need arises! We meet challenges with blunt force, but not without tactics where necessary. It's worth noting our RP style Is heavily Involved In PVE-RP, With very minor DMing on cases where It's needed. If you're wanting a full DM experience, Tach Isn't for you.

What we are looking for:

(IC:)The Chapter is looking for people dedicated to fighting the Elder Dragons, People willing to follow orders as they are given and sacrificing their lives for Tyria if needs be.

(OOC:) The guild is looking for members who are open-minded, aren't afraid to initiate and would like to leave something behind for future generations of GW2 players. Be you a brand new Roleplayer or a seasoned Veteran, the Chapter has something for you to do. We also ask that you be at least above or around the age of 18.

How to join:

If you are interesting in joining us and taking part in Vigil RP, check out our website: http://theashenchapter.enjin.com/ or send a OOC whisper/mail to Myself or any of the people below a poke, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Contact details of current officers (IC role, forum name and game handle):
Warmaster: Alleshia Willhem (Galdrek.4371)

Tactician: Maeva Arnsdottir (golopolo.6589)

Knight: Tzahr Davidsson (TyrusVE.8742)
Knight: Astrid Drakecarver (NSevenDanny.4107)

We hope to stand alongside many of you against the tide of the Elder Dragons in the future!
b4GnLKf.png
Posted Dec 13, 12 · OP · Last edited Feb 16, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Ahhh too bad you guys are EU, I would have loved to join. My toon is with the Vigil as well.
Posted Dec 13, 12
Pogs:
+28
You still can, really ._. I'm in America and I'm in the guild. It depends on your personal schedule though.
WMbgFl5.png
Posted Dec 13, 12
Pogs:
+574
DAT VIDEO! Seriously, I got goosebumps.
Piken Square Roleplayer

Kieran Thorn - Ebon Vanguard Captain of The Hawke Guard

Ithilai.5142
Posted Dec 13, 12
Pogs:
+620
These people are pretty darned good, I'd reccomend joining up with this lot if you're going to be a proud member of the Vigil!
Flakksy - Joltt - Proxxi
Posted Dec 13, 12
Pogs:
+18
Only one question remains: why aren't YOU fighting the dragons?
I should have learned to abide by 2RP's rules.
Posted Dec 13, 12
Pogs:
+188
None of us bite, too hard. Except Zaliaa, but she bites everyone.
Lg4KvUG.png
Officers: Cale.7324, Dalethas.5632, Ithiliriana.6719.
Posted Dec 13, 12
Najee wrote:
You still can, really ._. I'm in America and I'm in the guild. It depends on your personal schedule though.
Ya but I'm on TC not PS :(
Posted Dec 13, 12
Pogs:
+28
We're always accepting if you ever transfer over.
WMbgFl5.png
Posted Dec 13, 12
Pogs:
+6
The Chapter have moved on from Astorea village and are now at Bay haven!
Posted Dec 18, 12
Page
of 21
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices