Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 11

Gregorian to Mouvelian Calender Conversion Charts

108 replies
Pogs:
+336
As I was having some trouble with dating my character's journal, I decided to find out how to implement the Mouvelian calendar into my RP and found this thread by Inasis Nassimi. Her points seemed to make sense, but to make it a little easier for myself, I decided to make some charts to easily convert our Gregorian calendar into Mouvelian dates and followed Inasis' theories to make it all work (as her ideas seem to have the least impact on either calenders while still staying 100% true to how the Mouvelian calender is presented on the official Wiki).

The Mouvelian calender has 360 days spread over 4 'seasons' of 90 days each, whereas the Gregorian calender has 365 1/4 days spread over 12 months with a varying amount of days. So to make this all work, the most logical solution (presented by Inasis) seemed to fit those 5 extra days (and a 6th for every leap year) into the 360 days of the Mouvelian calender.
The Season of the Zephyr was easy enough, as January, February and March have exactly 90 days in every normal year, so the only adaptation was to include every 29th of February into the same in-game day that is normally the 28th of February (being the 59th of the Zephyr).
For the Seasons of the Phoenix, Scion and Colossus, I had to turn the 30th and 31st of every month that have 31 days into the same in-game day, to make the whole thing fit (and not invent extra days that the Mouvelian calender doesn't have).

ArenaNet recently adapted the Mouvelian calendar and gave it as much days as the Gregorian calendar (apart from that 1/4 day every year that causes the leap year cycle), however, and the lovely Inasis Nassimi took the time to create new charts that integrate that recent change, where I didn't have the time to do it myself. My old charts can be found in the spoiler thingy and below that the wonderful new charts by Inasis.

Spoiler: Old ChartsShow

Spoiler: 1327 (Previous Year)Show

tumblr_nhmb31ORjN1rpkd6fo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_nhmb31ORjN1rpkd6fo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nhmb31ORjN1rpkd6fo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_nhmb31ORjN1rpkd6fo1_1280.jpg
I have updated this post with the current year calendars which were contributed by veʀʈɪɢɑʟe . Thank you for making these!
< Viscount Alystair A. C. Gray, Resident Pinnacle of Propriety and Fantabulosity >

< Dame Agatha Montgomery, Private of the Ministry Guard >
Posted Feb 15, 13 · OP · Last edited Apr 24, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+8,926
Founder
Potato Queen
I love this.
Posted Feb 15, 13
Kit
Very nice. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.
Posted Feb 15, 13
Pogs:
+1,855
*Signs over soul to Alystair* OMG, thank you thank you thank you! This will be immensely helpful! <3
Current Main Character:
Liam Ashleaf
Current Secondary Characters:
Enfys of Echoes - Mekare of Noon - Osteologist Gejja
> Rhea.7691 <

Posted Feb 15, 13
Props, man. Some most serious props for doing this for us. :)

Posted Feb 15, 13
You are excellent!

EDIT: May I post these on the Krytan Ministry site?
Posted Feb 15, 13 · Last edited Feb 15, 13
Pogs:
+336
Inasis ♥ wrote:
EDIT: May I post these on the Krytan Ministry site?

Of course you may! Feel free to post it anywhere, I'm just glad others find it usefull as well :).

And thanks for the positive feedback, guys!
< Viscount Alystair A. C. Gray, Resident Pinnacle of Propriety and Fantabulosity >

< Dame Agatha Montgomery, Private of the Ministry Guard >
Posted Feb 15, 13 · OP · Last edited Feb 15, 13
Pogs:
+187
You read my mind. I was just thinking of doing a conversion calender, and here you are beating me to the punch in the best way possible! I love you for this.
Posted Feb 15, 13
Pogs:
+96
Would you mind if I copy and pasted these?! They're fantastic!
Posted Feb 15, 13
Pogs:
+591
This is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Posted Feb 15, 13
Page
of 11
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices