Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 11

Gregorian to Mouvelian Calender Conversion Charts

108 replies
Pogs:
+991
That's because - for the first Tyrian season - the fan-made conversion that the wiki uses is the same as this thread's.

But once we hit the 91st day of the year, the two will be different, because the wiki just slaps the last five onto Colossus.
Posted Jan 2, 15
I made Gregorian Calendar to Mouvelian Calendar conversion charts for 1328 AE.

Currently the wiki DOES slap on the missing 5 days to the Colossus season, however, that decision is also marked with 'citation needed.' Anet has not made it clear WHERE these extra days are placed, only that they exist. For me, the simplest thing to do in terms of setting up or keeping track of the Mouvelian calendar is to simply split our Gregorian 12 months up into 4 seasons of roughly the same length (30-31 days, except for February).

Below are the charts for 1328. Please be aware, as always, that this is not official canon! It is simply my interpretation that works very well for my RP purposes, and may work for yours as well. Have a great 1328! :d

tumblr_nhmb31ORjN1rpkd6fo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhmb31ORjN1rpkd6fo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhmb31ORjN1rpkd6fo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhmb31ORjN1rpkd6fo1_1280.jpg
Posted Jan 3, 15 · Last edited May 18, 15
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,592
Thank you for taking the time to make charts. Whether they function after the lore or not is, in my opinion, a secondary concern if we can get it standardised so that we're all RPing the same date in game.
Would make documents easier to compare and what not.
Ikata.3750

I've too many characters to even list here..
So here's the names of a few:

Torchclaw Cloudfire
Sheila Braidtail
Shaman Cauldronburn
Kyra Whisperwood
Imus Underboot
Kennis Eveningsong
Posted Jan 7, 15
Pogs:
+1,941
Benefactor
Giving this a bump, to help new people can find it.
~ Zozo Sidel
Mad Dame of the Scales

Player of Selena "Seldi" Witt
( Please don't call me "Sigil". )
Posted Feb 8, 15
Pogs:
+611
Anyone know if the 1329/2016 calendar will be available soon?
mmn18CS.png
Posted Mar 18, 16
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+35
This is very well done, however I have a concern. Wouldn't it be logical to follow the astronomical seasons as well? Here you put January/February/March as the Spring months, but this is incorrect. Spring/Zephyr should be March - April - May, for example. June-July-August for Summer/Phoenix and so on.
Posted Apr 4, 16
Pogs:
+1,592
wrote:
This is very well done, however I have a concern. Wouldn't it be logical to follow the astronomical seasons as well? Here you put January/February/March as the Spring months, but this is incorrect. Spring/Zephyr should be March - April - May, for example. June-July-August for Summer/Phoenix and so on.
It's lore that the 1st of Zephyr is on the Spring Equinox, so might as well go from there while we're at it.
Ikata.3750

I've too many characters to even list here..
So here's the names of a few:

Torchclaw Cloudfire
Sheila Braidtail
Shaman Cauldronburn
Kyra Whisperwood
Imus Underboot
Kennis Eveningsong
Posted Apr 4, 16
Pogs:
+182
wrote:
Anyone know if the 1329/2016 calendar will be available soon?

Just echoing this.
Posted Apr 17, 16
Pogs:
+129
If you're using Vertigale's version there's no need for further years. The months retain the same number of days (aside from February 29th, which would have added a day to all subsequent within Zephyr -- as we're past that point, it's now irrelevant).
Posted Apr 18, 16
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+5,334
Tyrian 1329-1330 Calendar is available, actually. (I needed it b/c I can never get the images of the conversion charts to show up.
"I just love writing. It's magical, it's somewhere else to go, it's somewhere much more dreadful, somewhere much more exciting. Somewhere I feel I belong, possibly more than in the so-called real world." ~Tanith Lee

Angel's Collection ღ | ღ Nobles of Ascalon ღ | ღ Annalei d'Latu
Posted Apr 18, 16
Pog
List
Undo
Page
of 11
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices