Recent Threads
Main Forum

WvW for the Week of March 8th - 14th

3 replies
Pogs:
+9
Tarnished Coast is returning to tier 2 earlier than expected. A big part of this is thanks to the efforts of many individual players who showed up to see how they could make a difference (and it didn't hurt that people could get some mapping done while WvW was a sea of green).

This next match up figures to be much more competitive and shall consist of:

Kaineng (Green) / Fort Aspenwood (Blue) / Tarnished Coast (Red)

The interesting thing here is that there is no clear favorite: All three servers are quite close in rating. All have strengths but also some clear weaknesses. Without the presence of a 'super-server' like Blackgate or SoR, this tier is open for anyone to win. Once again, we will rely heavily upon the contribution of the individual. Tarnished Coast is unique in WvW because we do care about our community and we utilize that as a strength.

Some people laugh because they say we do not come across as being serious enough about PvP. I say let them laugh while we kick their butts to the curb and party inside their keeps.

See you all on the battlefield.
karbanner.gif
http://www.espguild.com
Posted Mar 8, 13 · OP
Pogs:
+1,314
Would love to join a coordinated skirmishing group, if you happen to know any, Karuna.

Generally, I've either solo roamed or brought 1-3 friends to cap supply camps, recruit quaggan or contribute briefly to an army. This was easier to do in Tier 3, but against the likes of Fort Aspenwood and Kaineng and the plethora of skilled players they have it will be significantly harder.
#HAILHYDRA
Azh_2014-01_GWBrush_Small_zpsb8e8b903.png
Posted Mar 8, 13 · Last edited Mar 8, 13
Pogs:
+8
Azhandris / Dac Rycar wrote:
Would love to join a coordinated skirmishing group, if you happen to know any, Karuna.

Generally, I've either solo roamed or brought 1-3 friends to cap supply camps, recruit quaggan or contribute briefly to an army. This was easier to do in Tier 3, but against the likes of Fort Aspenwood and Kaineng and the plethora of skilled players they have it will be significantly harder.

Our guild The Tarnished Coastguard is dedicated to skirmishing and small group content. This is a little harder to find in T2, but we still have a good time. Mostly we play in EB, coordinating with the zerg to cap objectives while they are off doing their thing.

Our guild is RP-friendly, and we'd love to have you run with us. Equally, we'd love to have you join as well (we're always looking for people who like small content). We only require repping in WvW (repping other guilds for RP or PvE is okay).

Our commanders are Kendrick Duskomen, Lord Michelangelo, and myself (Thrumdi).
Posted Mar 8, 13
Pogs:
+9
I just want to say 'great job' to everyone for their efforts so far this week. We have seen some strong efforts from a lot new faces in addition to all the usual diehards -- all working together and showcasing the strength of this server.

Currently we have overtaken Fort Aspenwood in points and it is pretty clear that Kaineng is worried that we will be coming for them next. At this point, tier 2 is ours for the taking.
karbanner.gif
http://www.espguild.com
Posted Mar 13, 13 · OP
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices