Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 26

In character idioms, proverbs and curses

257 replies
Pogs:
+2,777
I actually use a lot of creative cursing for Shani (thanks in part to a book I picked up called Creative Cursing). There's a lot of different Victorian slang she uses as well (most of which would be inappropriate to repeat here).
tumblr_phjrisFT7y1tg2mtpo1_1280.jpg
Posted Feb 3, 15
Pogs:
+1,592
Charr.
About asura: Floppy-eared eggheads.
(As said by the PC, if charr, when talking with Coloa Stonecrack in BC)
Ikata.3750

I've too many characters to even list here..
So here's the names of a few:

Torchclaw Cloudfire
Sheila Braidtail
Shaman Cauldronburn
Kyra Whisperwood
Imus Underboot
Kennis Eveningsong
Posted Feb 8, 15 · Last edited Feb 9, 15
Pogs:
+1,120
wrote:
[*] Grenth's t*ts
Spoiler: Show
Lols! Lols for everyone!

tumblr_n87470ZAYR1tfrmtao1_500.jpg
Posted Apr 18, 15
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+59
Garlock's favourite is 'Smodur's Screwdrivers!"
Posted Aug 23, 15
Pogs:
I believe "Pahbahzhan" in the Human greeting section is incorrect. It should be "Pahbahzhen".
e983c5f8041d92cf.png
Posted Aug 27, 15
Pogs:
+595
Daegal says: "Lyssa's Leghairs!" When he's disappointed or disgusted.
Daegal Master Thief
Black Rose Born
Serendipity Primrose Fitzgerald
Inspector Kragfist
Ameliorator Pezz
Posted Aug 27, 15
Pogs:
+54
I love these! So immensely satisfying to use in RP, and the GW2 universe offers up so much creative freedom.

Couple charr favourites of mine that I remember are:
"Scorch my sides!"
"Smokestacks..."
"Smodur would sooner flinch than <something unlikely to happen>."
The classic "Walk softly." as a farewell for ash legion charr!
And not forgetting the infamous "Kiss my tail", courtesy of a certain dungeon NPC :p
Posted Aug 27, 15
Pogs:
+612
I should use these more, instead of the usual exclamation of intercourse.

For my own norn, his well wishes when departing is a little macabre.

"May Raven not pick out your eyes."

It can mean a lot of things, but the simplest meaning is simply, "don't die."
Others might be, "stay wise" or "stay vigilant" or "keep your wits about you" or several other similar meanings.

It can also be taken less friendly, "When you surely die, I hope atleast you can keep your eyes."
wrote:
....Fucking testing.
Posted Sep 8, 15
Pogs:
+344
For the charr idioms, one I remember hearing from an NPC (Goreblade, I think) is "that really steam(s) my ears!", used in the context of Flame spies in the Citadel; something that makes one angry/mad/furious.

For charr-on-charr threats, I notice a few focus around use of horns - e.g. "Come and get them! I'll pull off your horns and nail your tail to the floor with them!" pops up in the Iron Legion storyline.

Crusader Gahn also tells Korukhan the Blacksmith to go "hammer your anvil, the adults are talking" during one cutscene, since Korukhan is poking fun at Gahn not having a sense of humour.

Human-on-charr, whilst getting Ebon Vanguard and Sentinel soldiers to behave themselves; "I need someone who can cover me in battle, but he looks like his pelt couldn't cover me in bed!" Who said the players were the only raunchy ones?

One, from a drunk sylvari;
"You're one good grape." This is after you (possibly backhandedly) compliment him with entertainingly large words whilst investigating security for an estate in Kryta.

A norn boast;
"What? I am norn! Ale-goggles sharpen our vision! And ale-fists hit hard!"

Centaurs regularly call humans 'two-legs', for anyone writing centaur NPCs as part of a plot. Likewise, I imagine 'four-legs' is used as a comeback.

Lastly, two from the Temple of Owl, for the norn;
You find a page with a comical image of a fox crashing into a sleeping bear while an owl flies overhead. The caption reads, "Those who charge blindly forwards are likely to be surprised."

"To hear Bear or Wolf coming is to know fear, for their enemies cannot overcome them. To hear Owl is to know peace, for her enemies will never hear her coming."

Latter one could lead to some good boasts for all stripes of norn, especially boastful followers of Bear and Wolf.
eGbJ9QB.png
IGN/ID: Arcalane.2793 @ EU / Arcalane.3215 @ NA
EU - Kyra, Ferra, Kalani ("Kai"), Sera, Mira, Dala, Kaela the Swift, Sevara Steelguard, Rinn Stormrazor, Almira Fleshmender.
NA - Reva Ironstrike
Also reachable on Skype, Steam, etc. under this username.
Posted Sep 20, 15
Pogs:
+309
wrote:
Crusader Gahn also tells Korukhan the Blacksmith to go "hammer your anvil, the adults are talking" during one cutscene, since Korukhan is poking fun at Gahn not having a sense of humour.

I think "Go hammer your anvil" is more aimed at Korukhan's "Blacksmith" title/cover than a racial anything. And "the adults are talking" is more a general insult.

But otherwise good mentions.
Rinhara.6450, Piken Square, EU (Main Account)
Liressa.9264, Ehmry Bay, NA (Free Account)

I'm a U-M-O-E-L-F.
Posted Sep 21, 15
Page
of 26
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices