Main Forum
Page
of 26

In character idioms, proverbs and curses

257 replies
Pogs:
+344
wrote:
I think "Go hammer your anvil" is more aimed at Korukhan's "Blacksmith" title/cover than a racial anything. And "the adults are talking" is more a general insult.

But otherwise good mentions.

True enough. That chunk was mostly placed there because haphazard post-writing whilst checking the rest of the thread to make sure there were no duplicates, and then remembering new things in the process.

The horns-centric stuff can probably be extended to other races using it as an insult against charr as well. Could also be further extended to exclamations and other expressions - especially if they grow throughout the owner's life.
eGbJ9QB.png
IGN/ID: Arcalane.2793 @ EU / Arcalane.3215 @ NA
EU - Kyra, Ferra, Kalani ("Kai"), Sera, Mira, Dala, Kaela the Swift, Sevara Steelguard, Rinn Stormrazor, Almira Fleshmender.
NA - Reva Ironstrike
Also reachable on Skype, Steam, etc. under this username.
Posted Sep 21, 15 · Last edited Sep 21, 15
Pogs:
+15
Surprised that "Dead Gods" hasn't been mentioned yet. Was used by Pyre Fierceshot in one of the GW1 cutsceens. Used mostly as a curse/exasperation, my Charr engineer has used it (along with a few other words that wont be mentioned here) more then a few times.
Posted Sep 25, 15
Pogs:
+344
Spent a while exploring the Citadel today, found a few named charr here and there. Naturally I shook them until interesting things came out. Didn't get many.

Notable one, though- "like a cub on honey", in reference to running around with no regard for one's surroundings.

If anyone wants to doublecheck that, it's said by Smolt Copperscald on the entry level of the Core - he's on the right, just past the entrance to the Stockade.
eGbJ9QB.png
IGN/ID: Arcalane.2793 @ EU / Arcalane.3215 @ NA
EU - Kyra, Ferra, Kalani ("Kai"), Sera, Mira, Dala, Kaela the Swift, Sevara Steelguard, Rinn Stormrazor, Almira Fleshmender.
NA - Reva Ironstrike
Also reachable on Skype, Steam, etc. under this username.
Posted Jan 14, 16
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,592
Haven't seen it in the thread: Blood Legion version of "Trust in Iron, not false gods" is = "Rely on strength, not false gods."
Ikata.3750

I've too many characters to even list here..
So here's the names of a few:

Torchclaw Cloudfire
Sheila Braidtail
Shaman Cauldronburn
Kyra Whisperwood
Imus Underboot
Kennis Eveningsong
Posted Jan 18, 16
Pogs:
+27
On my Sylvari i frequently used "by the mothers thorny behind"
And as a charr "by the rat tail of the flame imperator"
Posted Jan 20, 16
Lanna o
Pogs:
+4,993
Did some massive updating here, since I've been ever so lazy.
KOuANvF.png
Posted Feb 14, 16 · OP
I think I found one that you don't have for Sylvari wellwishing and greetings bit. Outside the Garden of noon there is a NPC called Momac who welcomes you with "May the sunshine warm your shoulders"
Posted Feb 15, 16
Pogs:
+54
Some I have employed creatively >_>

By Bear's bristling bottom! /Norn
Grenth's icy balls! /Human
Cross-wired idiot! /Asura
Egregious cabbage (directed at Sylvari)
Lettuce-brain (directed at Sylvari)
Twitch -eared runt (directed at Asura)
Overbearing sparkplug! /Asura
Short-circuited clown!/ Asura
Skritt-feed! /general, implies expendability
By Balthazar's blade! /human
Spirits guide your steps. /Norn (well-meaning farewell)
34njty0.png
Posted Feb 20, 16 · Last edited Feb 20, 16
Page
of 26
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices