Recent Threads
Main Forum

WvW Workshop Wednesday

7 replies
Pogs:
+2,305
Benefactor
Curious about wvw? Want to help? Love dolyaks and want to roleplay with doors and arrowcarts?

A series of wvw workshops are being held by Esthetics of the Counterculture guild. The first one will be held tomorrow.

Update: Date & Time
Wednesday 8th, at 6 PM PST
Tarnished Coast Borderlands

Please note that Mumble is required because of ease of communication. You do not need a microphone, listening should be enough and I am certain others will be there to answer in /s . Installation of mumble is quick and relatively painless.

Mumble info:

Address: 142.4.201.121
Port: 50388
Password: 'forthetoast'
Username: [TAG]username
Note: If you are unaffiliated, please make your tag [_]

No spaces in your username or Mumble will not work!
That person who is always playing Goseldt the thief.
Posted May 7, 13 · OP
Pogs:
+8,926
Founder
Potato Queen
Awww. I don't have (and don't want) Mumble. It's nice of them to offer something like this though.
Posted May 7, 13
Pogs:
+2,305
Benefactor
Yeah it was discussed and the event organizer decided it was what they wanted. I also have concerns about this but it is what it is and not my decision.
Posted May 7, 13 · OP
Pogs:
+18
Hey there! I am organizing it. Yeah, I'll do an effort to either type or get someone to do it for me so those on Mumble don't sleep on me =P. I guess we could change it for both Mumble and Non-Mumble guests =).

Btw! RPers welcome! I always wanted to see how RP and WvW could play together. And I truly believe it could. After this introduction to get you started, we could maybe talk on some ideas I have on this. Always ready to explore new territories.

Cheers!
Posted May 7, 13
Pogs:
+144
I was about to inquire about something like this!

I pretty much run around WvW and just follow commanders or Sentry around. But I'd really love to get into the nitty-gritty of WvW and it's tactics.

Hopefully, if I am not passed out, I can make it on over!
Posted May 7, 13
Pogs:
+130
I love WvW and know a lot of my RP friends have never really done it. Maybe I can convince them to attend this event. I think a lot of people want to try WvW but get overwhelmed by what you're supposed to do/strategies, etc. I still learn new things all the time.

As for the mumble, its helpful. If you talk too much giving direction in WvW you get gagged right? Thanks for doing this!
Posted May 7, 13
Pogs:
+18
Well yea, Mumble is immediate response. Stuff like "Stack here!" or "Retreat" can't be typed on a critical moment. Usually what gets most killed =P. It just means that if you are not on Mumble you have to pay extra attention cause no one will have time to type urgent things.

As for this, we can take some time so I can type part of it down so everyone can get benefited out of it =)

And yea! Do invite your RP friends. I'll make it super easy and friendly. And short too (I estimate 30 minutes with questions).
Posted May 7, 13
Pogs:
+2,305
Benefactor
Just a reminder that this is happening tonight. There will be someone there transcribing things for folks who can't get into mumble (even if I have to do it and people enjoy my mass typos).
Posted May 8, 13 · OP
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices