of 8

[TC] The Tyrian Adventuring League [TALE] Relaxed RP Guild

79 replies
Pogs:
+55
GW2RP_Header_TALE.png
TALE_ButtonForumWebsite.png

About us

The Tyrian Adventuring League is a longstanding roleplay guild. We are a level 69 guild, meaning we have every available upgrade that a guild can possess. This massive achievement has only been possible thanks to the hard work and dedication of our members, and a testament to the quality of the environment we provide.

With its foundations on the NA server Tarnished Coast, The Tyrian Adventuring League [TALE] is a guild that prides itself on its longevity and sustainability. As a band of adventurers, TALE is free to aid Tyria in a number of ways without having to worry about political agendas. As of 2018, we are also aiming to increase our player base in the EU with a home in Piken Square.

• Relaxed, friendly RP guild built on inter-character camaraderie.
  • All races welcome. TALE recruits from all walks of life.
  • In-character guild chat. Roleplay anywhere in Tyria.
  • Established June 2013.
  • Discord Server.
  • Ongoing plots mixed with Living World RP.

While we greatly enjoy our roleplay and storytelling, we also very much like to play Guildwars 2. As such you will often find our members travelling across Tyria and exploring all that the game has to offer. This is very much a guild for people who enjoy playing the game in its entirety.

PSTAC_AdvertHeading_Medium_Amoon.png

With the game world expanding all of the time, we prefer to actually get out there and see it. As such you will find that our events will quite happily use maps from the game's expansions and Living World as well as the typical social hubs.

Our guild's premise

The Tyrian Adventuring League is lead by Krytan noble and businesswomman, Lyla Carrick. It is a collective of broadly termed adventurers, who make it their business (sometimes literally) to look after Tyria.

The group recruits from all backgrounds and is open to all races. There is a requirement for civility between members, as the expectation is that a team can be thrown together at any point to deal with problems as they arise.

PSTAC_AdvertHeading_Large_RataPrimeStory.png

On an out-of-character basis, we have players from all over the world who are more than welcome to form their own stories using this very basic backdrop. While we do have a leadership team to help the guild function, these members are the masters of their own time and inclination; nobody can or will force them to run events like a free vending machine. Events can and will happen, but there is a shared responsibility for this across all of our players.

Our guild hall

Being a long-term guild TALE has an established guild hall with a number of perks, that all members are able to enjoy.

PSTAc_AdvertismentHolderLargeLP.png

• A fully decorated in-character Lost Precipice Guild Hall.
  • Buffs for XP, Karma, PVP & WVW reward tracks.
  • Tasty synthesizers that can be harvested for free loot.
  • Guild weapons and armor can be unlocked.

In-character guild chat

TALE's members are able to communicate across all known distances via the guild's vox, a custom device designed by the league's quartermaster, Sorxia.

PSTAC_AdvertHeading_Medium_Vox.png

For our full members, our website contains more in-character posts on the lore of the vox and how it works.

Calling all Tabletop RP enthusiasts

The Tyrian Adventuring League has run numerous fun events using our custom-made dice roll system. The system uses a google docs sheet to build fair and consistent character sheets for the guild's characters. There is also a user friendly dice roller within the sheet for both storytellers and players alike to use, which can paste outcomes into the Rolz website, Discord or directly into GW2.

This gives us:-

• A rich, fun, story based environment where characters have real successes and failures rather than arbitrary declarations.
  • Characters that are on an even keel, with no special treatment for officers.
  • Slight bonuses for characters that have elite specializations and ascended gear, without making them over powered.
  • We also have a Roll20 room that we can use for story events out of game.

If you wish to see the sheets in action, all of the guild's characters are visible on our website. Here is my human engineer's page, as an example.

If you feel like being part of the environment that TALE provides please click the below image.

TALE_CharacterSheetForumButton_ApplyHere.png
PSTALE_SignatureStripSlim2019.png
Posted Jun 29, 13 · OP · Last edited Jan 1, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+225
This sounds like an awesome idea, a shame I'm on PS :( I hope you do really well with this! :)
Posted Jun 29, 13
Pogs:
+55
Heh, shame! Thank you we're hoping that it will be a nice fun RP environment for many.
Posted Jun 29, 13 · OP
Pogs:
+12
I've RPed with Shaman in a few settings. This is going to be a great guild and I'd recommend any who were interested in the details listed above to join! I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun :)
5BbBvIc.png
"The night unfurls; new oaths are sworn."
THE UNDERTAKING
Posted Jun 29, 13
Pogs:
+55
...And I didn't even have to pay her to say that! :) Thanks Shimmer.
Posted Jun 29, 13 · OP
Pogs:
This looks great:o I've been really looking around for a friendly guild, though I've also been looking for not just an RP aspect but a PvP and PvE aspect as well. If anything where do I apply? or sign up? :o
Posted Jun 29, 13
Pogs:
+3
Arc: You can find our guild website at the following address - http://tyrianadventureleague.enjin.com. Once you are on the website, click the "Apply" tab, and there you will find the primary application. For more information on our application process, please see the thread, "How to Apply to TALE in Five Easy Steps". If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact either Shaman or myself.
Posted Jun 29, 13
Pogs:
+491
So much kudos for those who do puzzles and explore IC. <3
PCs:
- Emerys Myrrdin ("Butterfly"): Truth and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder
- Moon Song Jae: A Lost Canthan Daughter
Posted Jun 29, 13
Pogs:
+55
We basically think that the RP doesn't really need to stop. Sure it gets toned down naturally; you don't want to typing whole paragraphs when risen are nomming your face, but there's room for the odd IC quip between people. :)

Feel free to take a look, Arc. :)
Posted Jun 30, 13 · OP
Pogs:
+55
We've had a recent influx of new members and will soon be closing recruitment as a temporary thing, just to allow the new members to settle and let everyone get comfortable.

We have about another 5-10 slots for any interested parties though. :)
Posted Jul 4, 13 · OP
Page
of 8
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices