Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 9

[TC] The Tyrian Adventuring League [TALE] Relaxed RP Guild

83 replies
Pogs:
+56
We have the majority of our players on the East coast of the U.S, so we try to staddle the events to be friendly to EST and GMT. Typically 21:00 - 23:00 GMT at the weekends or earlier.
PSTALE_SignatureStripSlim2019.png
Posted Aug 25, 17 · OP
Pogs:
+284
So what's that in British time?
Posted Aug 25, 17
Pogs:
+56
I put the times in GMT. :)
Posted Aug 26, 17 · OP
Pogs:
+56
Rhkmexb.png

PSTALE_AdvertismentHolderSmallRecruitmentOpen.jpg

Pre-Path of Fire Recruitment

Thread bump! The Tyrian Adventure League is a max level roleplay guild based on the Tarnished Coast (NA) server. Please follow the back to start button to see the original post that explains everything about our guild.

With just a month to go before Path of Fire, we are throwing our doors open for recruitment once more. Once the expansion is released we will be relaxing our application process for a period of two weeks (20 Sep to 06 Oct). During this period our team will operate with a greater focus on enjoying the new content, and a lesser focus on processing applications.

So, if you're interested in our guild we'd like to hear from you before we all head down to Elona.

Many thanks!
Posted Sep 15, 17 · OP
Pogs:
+1
What days usually are events on?
Posted Sep 15, 17 · Last edited Sep 15, 17
Pogs:
+284
Still not British time :p
Posted Sep 16, 17
Pogs:
+56
*Points up*

I said, I put the times in GMT.
Posted Sep 16, 17 · OP
Pogs:
+56
Rhkmexb.png

Our slow down on recruitment during the PoF release is over. Please press the Back to Start button to learn more about us.
cIlYbm4.png
Posted Oct 9, 17 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+56
Rhkmexb.png
Please go to the start of this thread to learn more about us.
Posted Jan 20, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 27, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+56
Rhkmexb.png
Please go to the start of this thread to learn more about us.
rHOiCwD.jpg

Born in the U.S.A.

TALE was set-up on the North American Guild Wars 2 server of Tarnished Coast, a few months after the game's launch. Since then, like any guild it has seen a roller-coaster ride of activity, highs and lows.

The irony is that I, the guild's leader and founder am located in the U.K. In the five plus years that TALE has been running, this is has required more late nights from me that I can count, which is something that I'm unable to maintain due to personal and job commitments. So, for me personally I would like to have a presence in the EU side of GW2, but leaving my main account registered to Tarnished Coast.

The Tyrian Adventure League is my guild in the sense that you can only have one person at the top of the pyramid, however I share responsibility and leadership with the league's grandmasters; reliable, talented people who I trust without exception and am honoured to call friends. While I won't sell myself short for the amount of effort I have put in over the years, I also acknowledge that many other people have poured their heart and soul into the community through running events, contributing to forum articles or even donating their hard earned cash to our Enjin page. I would never dream of taking anything away from people who have made the guild their home.

After discussing the matter with league Grandmasters Vanaliel and Tanqq, we've decided to make a bold venture and exist on both the NA and EU servers for Guild Wars 2. The servers we will make our homes in for the sake of WVW activities, will be Tarnished Coast (NA) and Piken Square (EU). Players are more than welcome to join from other servers of the applicable region, however this will limit access to our occasional forays into WVW.

The good

The main benefit of doing this, is to increase our community and player count. Having more people to play with is desirable for any community. In the event that Arenanet switches gears and develops more stuff for guilds to do (and likely spent their materials on) this will mean we have a greater number of people working on it. There are also benefits for the players.

Cross region players can:

• Share the same guild hall, see and share the same decorations and access all of the guild's unlocks, synthesisers and buffs.
  • Access the same guild bank.
  • User the guild's WVW unlocks to capture and defend WVW sites.
  • Use the same Discord server.
  • Benefit from the guild's structure, lore, rules and forum resources.
  • Participate in forum RP.
  • Read and contribute to the same in-game guild chat.
  • Participate in the community's Roll20 games and have their characters interact in this way.
  • Each regions players can carry out separate guild missions.

The bad

Cross region players can't:

• Have their in-game characters share space in any way with a character from a different region.
  • Potential for people to be 'locked out' of an event based on region.

Changes

With the benefits out weighing the drawbacks, we have decided to give this venture a shot in the hope that it will have a positive impact on our community. In order to minimise confusion over which characters are applicable to which region, I have made / shall make the following changes over the next few days:-

• The LFG channel will be split into LFG US and LFG EU.
  • Potentially there may be a need to split other channels, but we will see how this plays out.
  • The league's character sheets will now feature a drop down for players to select their region and display this clearly on their forum based character sheets. There is an example here, of my characters Tanza, and Jacen.
  • I've adjusted the league's application form so that people can indicate if they're an EU, or a US player.

Complications and how we will overcome them

RANK CHANGES

Being a guild with in-character guild chat, there is of course a lot of potential for confusion when it comes to our characters responding to dialogue from other league members. To help with this, I have first of all set-up equivalent ranks for Apprentice (Initiate) and Journeyman (Member) which can be used for EU guild members. This will be able to tell people at a glance, if there is a chance of physically meeting up with the speaker, or if it is an RP that needs to be taken to Discord / Roll20. In regards to roleplay these ranks should be referred to as Apprentice and Journeyman respectively.

Master, Grandmaster and Founder ranks will not have an equivalent rank due the game not providing enough tiers.

REASONS TO NOT GET INVOLVED

Roleplaying requires a conscious suspension of belief by its very nature. It is make believe, with scenarios, limitations and obstacles all being created in the minds of the players. You might be ready to log off one night only to hear someone shriek into their vox over guild chat asking for help. Your character might well want to respond, but you have work in six hours and desperately need to get to bed, so you conjure up some reason in your head for your character being unable to respond. Some people might even speak out and say 'I can't come for <insert plausible IC reason> and this is absolutely acceptable. Nobody should ever try and apply in-character scorn or repercussions upon another character simply because the player has a real life matter to attend to.

It is by this very same token that we will ask our EU and US players to apply common sense when replying over the guild's IC chat. If you can clearly see that the group getting together is on the EU side of things, then by all means interact and talk but keep it firmly in mind that you cannot join them...

Or wait, maybe you can...

HAVING TWO (OR MORE!) ACCOUNTS

Guild Wars 2 is free to play. If the player is inclined, it's entirely possible to have a second (or third, or fourth) account under a different email, therefore there's nothing stopping you from setting up an additional account, even for purely RP purposes so that you can jump on your springer and region hop.

I'd like to make it crystal clear that there is no requirement for people to set-up another account, nor is there any requirement for people to level up any of the characters on that account. I am simply stating that the option's there. If you do think you'll have an inclination to region-swap at any point then it might be best to go ahead and set-up a free to play account now ahead of time. Arenanet often does an end of financial year sale, so you never know you could pick up one or both expansions on the cheap if the desire's there.

RECRUITMENT

For the time being, it's only myself and Vanaliel with EU accounts, and only really myself that will be conducting interviews. Any EU applications enquiries in-game will need to be made to Shaman.4329.

Other positive changes

We have made some attitude adjustments towards the way in which we recruit Masters and in future will be trying to give more opportunities for people to slot in and out of this role. The same level of care will always apply when it comes to ensuring people are not a poor fit for the guild's culture, but we're hoping that giving people more freedom and responsibility will lead to more events and more people in the guild.

That's all for now! Thank you for reading.
Posted Mar 27, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 27, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Page
of 9
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices