Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 64

RP Fashion!

638 replies
Pogs:
+5,334
Hnnnnnnng... *whines* I... so need to get off my backside and actually grind some dungeons to get pretty clothes...
"I just love writing. It's magical, it's somewhere else to go, it's somewhere much more dreadful, somewhere much more exciting. Somewhere I feel I belong, possibly more than in the so-called real world." ~Tanith Lee

Angel's Collection ღ | ღ Nobles of Ascalon ღ | ღ Annalei d'Latu
Posted Jul 11, 13
Pogs:
+3,836
wrote:
Holy cow, nice stuff guys. Want to know what popped into my head? People like Ina and Lux (and others) putting together a Tyria fashion mag. Set up screenshot photoshoots on locations with different character models, etc. Combined with some photoshop magic I bet you guys could create something really cool.

One of my friends brought this up on my wall earlier today haha! She RPs a fashion designer in game and Lux is one of her loyal clients. She was thinking of putting together a catalog of sorts, would be fun!

I.....for one....am guilty of staging my own 'editorials' and pretending Lux is a Russian supermodel and I am the stylist of the shoot for a famous magazine. *coughs* And I am not ashamed to admit I am now on my fifth screenshot folder for GW2. To be fair, they only hold up to a thousand screenshots before they get full. >.>

Hey, it's a form of RP. That I do. With myself. By myself. All alone. *needs help*
LWRP4dB.jpg
Luxelen * Her Tumblr * The Rurikton Roses * Olivia's Refuge
Posted Jul 11, 13
Pogs:
+14
This topic needs more testosterone.

I have a few outfits that I just randomly crammed together for several characters. I'm relatively happy with them. I'll follow Inasis' example and list what's worn.

Spoiler: Alexander MorrowShow

Spoiler: Lyndon BrannickShow

Spoiler: Norrington RyderShow

Spoiler: Saradin RykerShow
B5duEDw.png
Posted Jul 11, 13 · Last edited Jul 11, 13
Pogs:
+3,836
So, you know those badges of honor that some of you might've been getting with your achievement rewards? Check out this leggy fabulousness:

AhHyvyi.jpg

I posted this PSA on my wall, but figured I should post here for my fellow fashionistas in case you didn't already know what you could do with those badges. The WvW zone vendors sell armor and weapons that can also be used in PvE. There's some really cute light armor looks you can get for mixing and matching, like thigh high boots and a very cool hood. The top is adorable, too. But be aware that when you get there, there are two badge armor vendors. One will take less badges but some coin, the other will take more badges and no coin. Up to you how you want to split that up. I suggest spending the coin and using less badges. More return! Coin is easy enough to make, but badges are likely harder to come by.

I do have to say, though, I feel a pang of guilt at having easy access to these pieces now because I know a few people who worked their rears off to get the badges so they can get zee fashions. But alas!
LWRP4dB.jpg
Posted Jul 11, 13
Pogs:
+2,305
Benefactor
I've worked my rear off in wvw getting badges BUT I have had the benefit of wvw armor far longer and I have spent a couple thousand badges at this point. I can get far more badges in a few days than what one will get as a reward. So I am not at all insulted by it, I was just happy to have a big stack again from the reward chest after making my Gift of Battle for the eventual legendary I will make.

Also, wvw is very fun and I encourage everyone to come out and play :)
That person who is always playing Goseldt the thief.
Posted Jul 11, 13
Pogs:
+7
Lux...you have no idea how many questions I want to fire off for you to ask what is this in your lovely pictures...I dont know the icons that well in game and so many of your outfits I am utterly in love with.

I am now about to search the internet for the names, and then beg borrow and plead to borrow yours and Inasis' clothes....and dye jobs...or just hire one or both for help IC...hm now that could be fun. >.>
Posted Jul 11, 13
Pogs:
+3,836
LOL no need to search the interwebz! Send me a PM with the image numbers (I tend to number them as Luxcloset-10a, etc..) so just yeah, give me the image number and I'm happy to give you the name of the armor pieces and where/how it's obtained. I would put that in but, yeah, effort. >.> Eventually I'll compile a list! I like the way Ina and Ryder did it.

As a heads-up, my partner in crime and I are plotting something along the lines of the old-school mythical updates in EQ2 (if you're familiar with that at all), except in this case it'll be for dungeon mastery achievements and/or tokens (either for fashion or for legendaries). We're still working out the kinks but yeah, that's coming. The idea is to do it IC as well, preferably.
LWRP4dB.jpg
Posted Jul 11, 13
Pogs:
+317
All right, here's the handful of events I keep on Claes at any given point in time. I have an entire bag dedicated to RP outfits, which sometimes my PvE yells at me for. You have no idea how much I wish you could wear the Town Clothes glasses with regular armor.

Spoiler: Standard ArmorShow

Spoiler: Lab ArmorShow

Spoiler: Fancy Semi-CasualShow

Spoiler: Favorite Town ClothesShow

Spoiler: Lounge WearShow
Posted Jul 12, 13 · Last edited Jul 12, 13
Pogs:
+4,993
As I mostly play sylvari, and prefer the cultural leaf gear, my outfits tend to be a bit predictable. but, I do love fixing the dye-work and often spend a lot of time getting it right. Designing a sylvari is in itself a bit of a dye-work, so here are my three favourite characters lookwise, how they're made and what they wear.

Spoiler: EthaernisShow

Spoiler: EhbrelShow

Spoiler: BeithinnShow
KOuANvF.png
Posted Jul 12, 13
Pogs:
+527
This thread makes me wish there was a PvE locker...this, and the fact that each Gwen has only like, a single open bag for loot at this point because the rest are full of clothes and weapons. *flail*
Josef | House Wachenfeld | House Leours | Gwena | Noel
Posted Jul 12, 13
Page
of 64
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices