Main Forum
Page
of 4

[PS] Crimson Ashes [Ash] - Mercenary/Adventure RP

31 replies
Pogs:
+138
ashheader_by_kaiyela-d85kjp3.jpg

"First off, allow me to welcome you, visitor, to our humble abode. Whether you just stumbled by or came with intent, we welcome you either way and ask that you sit down and have a drink with us. Once we´re all boozed up, we can talk business, yah..? "

Craywin 'Cray' Lichtstrahl

logocrimson2_by_kaiyela-d854l2g.jpg

CRIMSON ASHES

Who are they?

For over five years now, Crimson Ashes guild has been a gathering place for mercenaries, opportunists and adventurers alike. A group that had started without a clear cut leader, nowadays centered by a scarred founder, where each member may bring in work for others, taking responsibility for the outcome and the leadership of the job itself. That in mind, they've always generally kept to the gray middle of the lawful dealings, moral compass of the guild generally leaning towards better than worse.

"We´re flexible with where, what and how of our contracts, but not the why. If the work can be thought tae make the world worse off by the end of it, then ye would do better tae go find cheap sellswords."

Chambers Gray

What do they do?

Word is around Arch and in taverns of Reach that they moved their base again, now to a place up in Commodore's District in northern part of Arch. They usually gather up there. When not working wherever their jobs take them, be it Orr, Maelstrom, Ascalon or good old Kryta, they're generally dispersed. Jobs they've done varied from simple ooze exterminations, package deliveries, scouting trips and such to participating in prolonged campaigns, assaulting and defending forts or hunting Tyria's deadliest monsters. They've apparently taken off to Elona for the moment, looking for more work in that sand infested place.

Can I join?

They take in all manner of folk, not just tough as nails mercenaries, but generally folks that can handle themselves. Why? Six know, maybe they throw the inexperienced ones in the grinder! Though they've been meeting on the sands for practice, so that might just be another rumor. If you wish to try joining, you should seek a fellow that goes by the name Cray. He cannot be missed, as half of his face is ugly as sin. Rumor is that he's the one to talk about recruitment these days. Some even say he's the leader now. If he's too elusive for you, go look for that lass called Victoria. She can pass the word on, but mind not to lose all your secrets to her cheery face. Where to find them? Look in taverns, those lazy bastards are usually in every tavern but mine...

OOC

We deal in all manner of mercenary work, as mentioned before, but not all of it is necessarily straight up fighting. We also did exploration trips, salvages, transports and a lot of other stuff. Therefore, the character doesn't necessarily have to be some hardened fighter. Even those that aren't soldier types can find their place in the group.

Generally, these days we aim for one job a week, but that can easily change. There are also training sessions and general fooling around between work. There's no pressure to attend every job, once you're member, as some stuff just might not suit the character or there might be some other reason.

Even when we're not recruiting, we are still a fairly open bunch to RP with, as number of non-members who came along for our jobs on plenty of occasions can attest to. Don't be shy to approach us out there.

Recruitment:

Not Recruiting

From our recruits, we ask a healthy dosage of OOC maturity, absence of blatant lorebreaking, regular representing and activity, as we treat the first two weeks as the testing period, to see if we're all going to get along and fit in. If things go badly, after two weeks we part ways with no hard feelings.

If you're interested in joining or giving us a job, contact Craywin(SrgDark.2081) or Victoria(Wolftar.8032) or leave a message in the Visitor Center of our forums.

ashgrou_pheader_by_kaiyela-d85tdx9.jpg
"Me? I'm the guy with the bomb."
Posted Jul 16, 13 · OP · Last edited Apr 15, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+13
A good, solid guild with interesting characters and plotlines and the first guild that introduced me to Piken Square's RP community. If you want honourable Freelancers, this is the guild you need to go to! :thumb:
6dee483e3f347e71.png
Posted Jul 17, 13
Pogs:
+138
Right they send me with a message. :d

The recruitment is closed for the time being, at least until we see how our new recruits adjust and those few prospective recruits get back to us.

Perhaps once all is done and seen, we'll open it up again.
Posted Sep 15, 13 · OP
Pogs:
+138
Edited out some parts, given that we've changed the location. Given the nature of future update, it's quite possible we'll have to relocate yet again if the Arch gets wasted. I'll make adjustments in due time.

The recruitment is pretty much open again, so seek us out if you'd like.
Posted Feb 11, 14 · OP
Pogs:
+585
A letter reaches you safely / Posters are placed all around, near where you live or work.

"Dear Reader, we live in a time where peace among guilds has brought about great alliances in the wake of the threats of Elder Dragons. The time of the Guild Wars has long passed and today, each race is again under threat by ancient beings. Each of our cities, our lands and our peoples are met with new adversaries that challenge our resolve each day. I call now for all guilds, orders and organisations of Tyria to gather in helping one another for the better of our world. We have evidence to suggest an impending attack on the heart of all our nations and likely the rise of a new dragon threat. Nowhere is secure, no one is safe. Two representatives of each participating group should meet with us, on the 46 of the Zephyr, 7 bells past noon (GMT), near Commodore Cobiah Marriner's statue at White Crane Terrace in Lion's Arch. Be prepared to introduce yourselves and say one main benefit that your group has to offer others in this Alliance of Guilds. Thank you for reading."

- Priory Spokesman, on behalf of Steward Gixx. ( www.tinyurl.com/PS-alliance )
prisig2.png
Posted Feb 12, 14
Pogs:
+4
Just joined this merry bunch and they definetly get my stamp of approval. If you are looking for a more an mature non-militaristic enviroment that lets your character develop as an individual this is your place. It's a nice rowdy bunch with a good sense of humor. I'd recomend it to all the lone adventurers out there.
Posted Feb 13, 14
Pogs:
+138
To those few whom this may concern, our recruitment is closed for the time being, since we've several new folk. So suspend those nearly finished applications and wait a while longer, till it's open again :d
Posted Mar 23, 14 · OP
Pogs:
+276
May have to wander across and pay you guys a visit. Ash'll be wandering the Arch for a while.
"Atrast nal tunsha - may you always find your way in the dark"
Posted Mar 24, 14
Pogs:
+52
Please do, indeed we are always happy to recieve visitors :d.
JaraNiri_zpsf22cjnmn.jpg
Posted Mar 24, 14
Pogs:
+138
Made a bit of a edit, to include our two new officers on the list to bug if you've questions. :d
Posted Apr 21, 14 · OP
Page
of 4
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices