Recent Threads
Main Forum

Epic Links! [A compilation of handy guides, tools and useful resources for your adventures]

2 replies
Pogs:
+81
Foreword / Disclaimer and all that jazz!
While I can state that any Epic Links provided in this thread have been tested and verified to be safe to browse in terms of lacking viruses, are devoid of adult images or content, and are not a bannable offense through use, I cannot guarantee that any external content through these links are completely SFW: i.e., there may be NSFW language in some of these sites. If this is problematic to anybody, or there is a particularly offensive link I've overlooked, let me know and I'll nudge it out of the thread!

DO NOTE: A lot of these guides have spoilers as to how to complete jumping puzzles, the quickest and cheapest methods of crafting, or storyline spoilers and the likes. If this bothers you, please steer clear of certain links! Without further ado:

Epic Links -- A Compilation Of Handy Guild Wars 2 Guides, Tools & Useful Resources

[*official!*]
Guild Wars 2 Twitter
The official Guild Wars 2 Twitter page. Keep up-to-date, by the minute on the latest GW2 news, events and contests
[*up to date!*]

[*official!*]
Guild Wars 2 Forums
The official GW2 forums containing profession/class, race, lore discussions and more content such as patch notes and build guides
[*up to date!*]

[*official!*]
Guild Wars 2 Wiki
The official Guild Wars 2 Wiki, containing encyclopedic entries on everything in the game
[*up to date!*]

[*official!*]
Guild Wars 2 Hall of Monuments Page
The official Guild Wars/GW2 Hall of Monuments page, including a tracker/calculator and preview tool
[*up to date!*]

[*affiliated fansite!*]
Guild Wars 2 Guru
GW2 Guru's fansite allows you to participate in the many helpful forums and guides available to research upon and discuss gameplay and the likes
[*up to date!*]

[*affiliated fansite!*]
Dulfy Dot Net
This is an extremely handy site that shows previews of almost (if not) every item in the game, as well as useful resources such as the karma, coin or currency costs of many items and how to achieve and acquire harder-to-get gear
[*up to date!*]

[*affiliated fansite!*]
Dulfy's Jumping Puzzle Guides
Spoilers abound, but if you find yourself stumped on ANY current Jumping Puzzles or want to brush up on how to run a past/recurring seasonal JP, this is your go-to page
[*up to date!*]

[*affiliated fansite!*]
GW2 Spidy
Keep an eye on the trading post and find item hotlinks that you can copy into the actual game chat to preview any item or dye -- any time
[*up to date!*]

[*affiliated fansite!*]
Dragon Timers
Dragon Timers is a handy tool that lets you keep track of world bosses and major events such as the Claw of Jormag encounter within Frostgorge Sound and the Shadow Behemoth in Queensdale. They are on the minute and constantly updated to let you know when the window/timeframe of the event is live or if the event is currently 'hot' (active and ongoing). These are server/shard-specific
[*up to date!*]

[*handy tool!*]
Argos-Soft's Interactive Armor Gallery
See what dozens of in-game armor sets look like on any race, gender and countless color combinations
[*up to date!*]

[*handy tool!*]
BTeam's Interactive Map of Crafting Material Nodes
This will give you a solid idea of where to look for and farm fine materials such as blood, scales and the likes, as well as gathering nodes in the world ranging from green wood logs to rich orichalcum veins and omnomberry plants
[*up to date!*]

[*handy tool!*]
GW2Crafts
This not only actively tracks the approximate cost of completing each tier (or going from 0-400) in any given profession, but it calculates it based on the current, to-the-minute, live game cost of such completion, as well as providing three versions of each crafting guide: the fastest route, the cheapest route, and a normal, 'happy medium' route
[*up to date!*]

[*handy tool!*]
GW2Skills
An excellent, extensive resource to plan your traits and gearing for current or future characters. This fully-featured, complete character builder lets you set up a player character exactly as they would be in-game; from class and race, traits, skills and gear to modifying and previewing their stats -- with a complete list of gear including ALL stat combos, sigils/runes/upgrades, food and utility / buffs / boons and even covering ALL game modes (PvP, WvW, PvE)
[*up to date!*]

[*handy tool!*]
MetaBattle Wiki
Contains a variety of builds play-tested and rated by expert players for all game modes and all types of content thereof
[*up to date!*]

An honorable mention includes YouTube, where you can find videos of lots of jumping puzzles, dungeon tips and tricks and streams showing off tactics and tricks of the trade in PvP/WvW. Failing all else, try Googling it -- no joke! You might be surprised what handy references come up

So what now? I've looked at all the sites you've pimped out!
From here, just follow your nodes, wherever they go! Wink wink. Get it? 'cause I linked a node map earlier? Uh... sorry. Anyway, that's the end of this little blip from me, but I have one request before I go!:
*If you know of or are the author or owner of an UNLISTED Epic Link, please post here or PM me so I can add the link to the compilation and credit you. This goes for suggestion of additional links too: please let me know if I've left out any awesome links you know of!
*If you know or are the author or owner of a LISTED Epic Link as posted within this compilation, and I have improperly credited you or your staff, please post here or PM me so I can properly credit you!
Posted Jul 16, 13 · OP · Last edited Mar 27, 15
Pogs:
+1,557
Admin
Benefactor
Awesome compilation, Runo. Stickied.
Posted Aug 1, 13
Pogs:
+81
Epic Links has been updated to Epic Links 2.0. Check the patch notes below for a quick overview of the modifications I made to this guide and feel free to revisit the guide itself to see the changes I've put in place!

\\Patch Notes|03/27/2015//
*Updated Epic Links to 2.0
*Cleaned up formatting
*Cleaned up spelling
*Added types to each link for easier indexing
*Removed irrelevant links: Outdated maps crafting material nodes, character builder and others
*Added new links to explore: MetaBattle, GW2Skills, OFFICIAL GW2 Forums
Posted Mar 27, 15 · OP
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices