Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 5

WvW Premier Season (achievements, oh my!)

40 replies
Pogs:
+900
WvW Leagues: Season 1
Gold League

Jade Quarry | Sanctum of Rall | Blackgate | Tarnished Coast | Sea of Sorrows | Maguuma

We’ve broken the NA region into 4 leagues of 6 worlds each and the EU region into 3 leagues of 9 worlds each. The worlds in each league will compete with each other over the course of 7 weeks for a number of prizes based on their performance in each matchup and their performance over the course of the season. The leagues will be determined by world rating at the conclusion of the matchups prior to the start of the season. Once the season begins, the leagues will be locked and there will be no movement into or out of a league.
--- ArenaNet: introduction to WvW Leagues

Actually I changed the NA league bit hehe.

Starting on October 18th, Tarnished Coast will battle it out with six other Gold league servers for great end of season rewards!

Whoa there, buddy. There are achievements?

Yes. The set-up of the seasonal achievements is similar to Living Story. It is essentially a large meta-event. Successfully completing 15 achievements will grant you 50 achievement points, a title (Veteran of the Mists), and a key for the end of season reward chest. The rewards are based on our realm's performance during those seven weeks. Several of the achievements have reward chests containing various items, including ascended materials.

The list of the season achievements can be found here. Remember that though the numbers sound like it's difficult, you have 7 weeks to do it. :d

How do I get these achievements?

By participating in WvW, of course! And not only participate once, but regularly. Many of these achievements take quite a while to get, especially if we are against the top three. But no matter the odds, we will still try our best in the battlefield and help each other!

Remember that you are locked to your home server when the season starts. You may transfer at any time during the season, though your end of season rewards are still tied to your original home server (i.e. if you logged in on Friday with BG as your home server and move to TC afterwards, your rewards will be tied to BG, not TC).

Other things:

We use Mumble as our main form of voice comms. Please note that while Mumble is not necessary, it's highly recommended (as it is much easier to relay mid-combat commands through voice).

TC mumble info:
address: 142.4.201.121
port: 50388
password: forthetoast
name: [TAG]Name, unaffiliated adds [_]
( please join the Register Me channel to be registered by a Mumble admin ).

There is also a community forum, which is mainly used for WvW discussion. Please join in! Tarnished Coast Community Forums.

If you guys have any questions, please let me know! Tarnished Coast's WvW army is more than willing to help anyone get these achievements.
Posted Oct 15, 13 · OP · Last edited Oct 18, 13
Pogs:
+1,810
I can easily help out with this! I'm a common WvWer too, and I can say for a fact that I'll be doing a lot of this come Friday.
tumblr_oqxtdeTvgN1u18swpo1_400.png
Posted Oct 15, 13
Pogs:
+2,305
Benefactor
I am always up for wvw and it would be great to form a big RP-friendly band to get it done! I was planning to make an event of this for RP but I've sadly run out of time to do this with the holidays approaching (it's when I do 1/3 of my yearly business). However, if it's your first time going into wvw and you see me online - hit me up and I will get you in a party. I also know friendly wvw guilds who will take you in, keep you fairly safe (wear some nice PVT armor!) and even feed you mango pies and saffron bread. It's gonna be a wild ride and of course those Tier 1 wvw servers will be out there - BUT what's a story without a bit of risk?
That person who is always playing Goseldt the thief.
Posted Oct 15, 13
Pogs:
+900
The season starts tomorrow yaaay
Posted Oct 18, 13 · OP
Pogs:
+1,810
Doesn't it start today on reset?
tumblr_oqxtdeTvgN1u18swpo1_400.png
Posted Oct 18, 13
Pogs:
+2,305
Benefactor
Yes in about 9 hours it begins! Unfortunately I am behind on some work so I doubt I will be there right at reset but I encourage everyone to get out there and have some fun! Fight for the toast!

Edit - new area coming to wvw soonish...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10/18/guild-wars-2-will-add-the-edge-of-the-mists-to-world-vs-world/
That person who is always playing Goseldt the thief.
Posted Oct 18, 13 · Last edited Oct 18, 13
Pogs:
+1,314
Interesting. "Edge of the Mists" sounds like a deathmatch for roamers or even gasp! Guild vs. Guild!

Mi gusta.

Also, for tonight, for the love of the Tree, call out incoming and approximate numbers (i.e. "20 or 30;" "all of them" is not a number).
#HAILHYDRA
Azh_2014-01_GWBrush_Small_zpsb8e8b903.png
Posted Oct 18, 13
Pogs:
+1,253
As a huge WvW fan, I love the fact they are finally giving us a new map, but saying it will help queues is kinda funny.

The only servers with long queues (Besides on Friday nights after reset and even then it is only 10mins if you pick something other than EB.) are the top 3 and if you ask me a queue is exactly where they should be as deterrent for stacking/bandwagoning. Which in my opinion is by far the most glaring issue with my favorite game mode.

In any case I look forward to seeing a bunch of you guys in about 6 hours. Just remember even against T1 servers all they have on us is numbers. Find the map where we have a zerg to compete with their's and play like the game is not keeping score.
Posted Oct 18, 13 · Last edited Oct 18, 13
Pogs:
+900
Actually average queue on all maps during reset night is an hour or two. Can be longer depending on the matchup.
Evaine wrote:
Doesn't it start today on reset?

Reset for me is on Saturday lol. Posted that on Friday night.

And Maguuma has taken sixth place! Wheeee

Please please listen to your commanders, and if they ask you get in mumble then I strongly recommend you to do so. It's difficult to type AND move around the enemy at the same time.

Some guilds will be doing training in this next seven weeks. They will cover:
- reading the map (scouting, sentrying, predicting enemy movement)
- combat positioning and spells to use in clutch situations
- the role of each class in a zerg and suggestions on how to build depending on your role (shock horror, zerker gear is not always useful whoa)
- wvw basics such as the supply meta

I look forward to seeing you there!

Also Edge of the Mists testing apparently starts at 2014 QQ. At least they've finally accepted that GvG is a growing scene and something that a lot of wvwers actually enjoy.
Posted Oct 18, 13 · OP · Last edited Oct 18, 13
Pogs:
+1,314
The Glamorous and Grand Dulfy has posted an achievement guide on her website. Additionally, she reposted the match-ups for the coming weeks. Fair Weather WvWers gonna hate; we're going against Sanctum of Rall and Jade Quarry next week!

gw2-wvw-season-one-match-ups-na.jpg
#HAILHYDRA
Azh_2014-01_GWBrush_Small_zpsb8e8b903.png
Posted Oct 21, 13
Page
of 5
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices