Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 5

WvW Premier Season (achievements, oh my!)

40 replies
Pogs:
+2,305
Benefactor
^ Oh yes! Come for the exciting tourist sites! The gap is down to about 7500 and SoR is scoring pretty high right now. Great time to hop on and support TC. Do it for the zombies and toast :d Thank you so far the folks who have contacted me to donate siege!
That person who is always playing Goseldt the thief.
Posted Nov 27, 13
Pogs:
+5
As Kalidri said, TC can use all the help we can get this week. The people on our WvW maps are very friendly and will not hesitate to explain things for you if you are a little lost. Also, in my three to four months of being active in WvW, this is my first time seeing us ahead of a bigger server. Never been more proud of this server and excited to play. Keep on pushing forward TC, we got this!
Kigera the Mad

The Journey

Posted Nov 27, 13
Pogs:
+1,060
I'm trying my best to support the home team, but... those SoR zergs? They're terrifying. :shock: Well, at least I go down fighting!
Posted Nov 27, 13
Pogs:
+5
wrote:
I'm trying my best to support the home team, but... those SoR zergs? They're terrifying. :shock: Well, at least I go down fighting!
Terrifying? Maybe when its forty of them and ten of us :thumb:
Kigera the Mad

The Journey

Posted Nov 27, 13
Pogs:
+2,305
Benefactor
wrote:

Get in a zerg and turn those fears into loot bags - try to find the map hopping zerg when possible - we tend to get the jump on the T1 servers and find fights that are more even. I have been in TC zergs where we were so apparently terrifying that SoR broke and ran after the 3rd or 4th encounter with us - so they aren't all that and a bag of chips :) Basically our strategy has been to cap and run in many cases, timing it to correspond with the tick so we get points, only building up towers and keeps if we don't immediately see the enemy trying to get it back - we have waypointed keeps on other BLs this week but had a hard time waypointing our own :/
Posted Nov 28, 13
Pogs:
+900
I just want to thank and congratulate everyone who chipped in last matchup! Us beating SoR was the biggest upset of the season. So thank you those who supported our commanders directly and indirectly - from sentrying to yakslapping or simply running with the tag. As a result, we have secured third place in the League. Not only that, this is the FIRST time TC has ever defeated a T1 server. It still gives me chills just thinking about it haha.

Week 7 is an easy week, and some people who have put overtime during the last matchup are taking a well-deserved break. But since it is an easy week, there will be a massive influx of new people and people who want their meta thing done. Being an easy week also means that there will be some training sessions organised. Broon from [CERN] is/may be hosting a WvW orientation session, so if you would still want to try this game mode, please feel free to join! (He starts at Citadel in TCBL)

I may also begin some training sessions in the future as well, especially for people on Oceanic timezone. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to whisper me in game! You will find me wubwubing with "Anais Veil" or "Luluchii" and in some rare cases, "Lulu Lei".

I hope to see you in the battlefields soon!
Posted Dec 1, 13 · OP · Last edited Dec 1, 13
Pogs:
+1,314
Late to respond, but what a crazy week last week was against SoR and JQ. Rumor is we had it easier because early in the season SoR and BG taunted JQ, saying they had "easy match-ups." Last week was JQ's revenge, focusing all their efforts on SoR and leaving us relatively unscathed. Nevertheless, SoR thought us the weaker of the bunch and tried to take our territories to make up for JQ's revenge; but we not only held out, we pushed back! Good job, TC!

This week started off on rocky terrain as SoS and Mag double teamed us early at the Reset, taking most of our BL, our third in EB and SMC... but as always, around 8pm server time, SoS and Mag began disappearing from the maps – bedtime for SoS and Mag! This week we'll see superior coverage over these two servers, possibly securing our Third Place position in the League.

...I feel like a sports announcer. "Back to you, Bob!"
#HAILHYDRA
Azh_2014-01_GWBrush_Small_zpsb8e8b903.png
Posted Dec 2, 13 · Last edited Dec 2, 13
Pogs:
+8,926
Founder
Potato Queen
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1s99r3/season_1_chests_post_your_results/

I hope no one was doing this for the reward, because there's not much of it.
Posted Dec 6, 13
Pogs:
+1,253
wrote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1s99r3/season_1_chests_post_your_results/

I hope no one was doing this for the reward, because there's not much of it.

That's WvW for ya!

While kinda disappointed in it, I can't say I am surprised. Being someone who bought the game for WvW at launch it is not new to see many weeks worth of playing rewarded with less than half a day's worth of champ farming.

Oh well, I enjoy my time playing WvW and no stupid box of greens will change that.
Posted Dec 6, 13
Pogs:
+2,305
Benefactor
Pretty much par for the course unfortunately. They improved wvw rewards gradually but I can still make more money in pve or on the tp in a day and still RP and be idle and probably draw some pictures too. I really wanted the dolyak mini though, and the achievement points - because I play wvw anyhow I got my 10k achievement chest and all the gold and goodies in there.

That being said - 7 weeks and this is what we get? It's just miserly and no wonder it's so hard to get my guildies to come with me when there's a dungeon, fractal or temple on offer.

Still, I would not trade week 6 of the season for anything, it was an excellent week of wvw play
Posted Dec 6, 13
Page
of 5
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices