Recent Threads
Main Forum

Attention: Phishing mails

6 replies
Pogs:
+168
Quite Wellmade, even with the right adress... but check the link, esp the end. I didnt fall for it but, be careful.

Greetings

We are sorry to inform you that your login account (actually my right email, Ahmaad) will be shut down or partially limited within 72 hours due to currency transactions or abnormal login. If you want to remove restrictions, please click the following link to validate:
-FAKE LINK-

We will investigate into this case through verifying the account's ownership. If the verification goes through, we will cancel any restriction.

Please keep in mind that Guild Wars 2 is a global game with hundreds of thousands of players. This means that standards of behavior must be upheld. For your convenience, you can obtain more information about our rules at the address listed below.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/

GM Cuache
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
“Indecision with the passing of time becomes decision.”
Posted Oct 23, 13 · OP
Pogs:
+2,261
They always send emails from a fake email, using an alternative name to look "legit", I still don't get it how can people fall for these emails, whenever I get one I know someone wants my acc and it's just fake. As soon I read the "We are sorry to inform you that we noticed you try to sell gold/sell your account etc" I know already that's it's a complete bs phishing mail. Games never send such email, at least I never experienced.
Posted Oct 23, 13
Pogs:
+1,203
I've had thousands of these e-mails on my Hotmail account. Also from Diablo three and other MMO's. Thing is, I always register them on my Gmail. So I know most are fake.

However I do have to say some of these e-mails are well written, try to look for spelling/grammar errors. But as Nifar said, games never send such emails.
Posted Oct 23, 13
Pogs:
+168
yeah, of course not. and still some people fall for them...if no one would fall for them, the practice would be obselete, right?
This here is so far the most convincing i have seen over the years, so i thought i raise the awareness-level a bit.... of course you two dont need it...
“Indecision with the passing of time becomes decision.”
Posted Oct 23, 13 · OP
Pogs:
+1,995
I always look very carefully when I get such e-mails. It's usually not hard to tell if it's legit or not by paying very close attention, especially to where the return link REALLY goes.

What I find funny is when I get e-mails telling me my Warcraft account is in trouble... I've never played WoW! Hehe.
sojourners_signature_1_by_khandimahn-d5yk89l.jpg
Posted Oct 24, 13
Pogs:
+1,557
Admin
Benefactor
Sticked. This is no bueno!
Posted Oct 24, 13
Pogs:
+368
I actually have yet to get any of those emails.Maybe it's cause this is the first MMO I've ever played, or it has went straight to the Junk folder without me realizing it. But I knew this sort of thing wasn't impossible, so it's nice to receive the memo to watch out.
R2yGxQd.png
ira lucine - ljót - bryjette - sveina sævildottir - dennis de noir - demétri sen - olínsivver - demitra roseveldt

lustburned - tumblr [nsfw]

x x x
Posted Oct 24, 13
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices