The dolyak parade is a weekly tradition on Tarnished Coast where peeps transform into a dolyak (or other favored beast - I prefer white wolf) and we do a circuit of the borderland before suiciding at an opposing spawn point. Lighthearted RP and homilies to the great golden dolyak are welcome. You never know what will happen on the Dolyak parade. Always accept the events that unfold with humor - often the event is a quick and brutal death since we are being silly people in a pvp zone. It's the crazy things you see and do that make it worthwhile - zergs of quaggan, rafts of kites and of course the mass death at the end is a contest to see how far into a spawn you can get!
Bring your tonics, kites, balloons, fireworks, etc.
This week's theme is Halloween and it's tomorrow, naturally.
Here's Handin's announcement:
First Annual Spooky Halloween Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade
It's Halloween time, and you know what means! Mummies, skeletons, ghosts, and spooky dolyaks! This weeks parade will be Halloween themed! Come dressed in your finest costume, whether that be a dolyak, a ghost and a creepy spider! Lets make this a holiday parade to remember!
For those who do not know, the Dolyak parade is a time where we get together and just have fun, and of course, parade around as dolyaks around the borderlands! Of course, you do not have to be a dolyak if you do not wish to be. In the past, everything from griffons to snowmen to elementals have flocked to our parade. So come out and celebrate the dolyaks, who sacrifice much for our endless war!
* Where: WvW borderlands. The exact one will be chosen ~1 hr beforehand
* When: Thursday (10/31) at *7 PM Server Time*
* Who: Anyone is willing to participate! If you come and need a tonic, just ask a friendly DOLY representative and we can give you some to join in!
* How: If you choose to become a dolyak, there are 2 ways: a Ruminant Tonic, and a Dolyak Tincture (feel free to wiki these). Of course any other kind of tonic is welcome, or even none at all if you just want to run along!
If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, or good dolyak jokes, feel free to send me a message!
- I will update this thread tomorrow with the borderland this week. Queues have not been a huge problem this week but I recommend trying to arrive 15 minutes ahead of time. If you transform and run to the site behind the Windmill in the south of the map, enemies will often let you go to the meeting point. If you have any problems though, there will be people on the map to escort or encourage. Keep the map and team channel open for information on hostile players and when the Parade is ready to go!