Recent Threads
Main Forum

Character Template - 2 Column Layout

6 replies
Pogs:
+225
(Apologies if it's not okay to post here!)

I had a few requests for the template I used on Zephy. The questions are mostly the same as the ones in the stickied template, with a few extras added. Copy and paste the code into your new topic and fill in the relevant information and you're good to go!

Note: The width of the image you use in the top-left cell will determine the width of the left-hand column. I don't recommend anything wider than 200px. A square image of around 150px x 150px is probably best here.

EXAMPLE

[IMG]{direct link to an image of your character}[/IMG]
{YOUR CHARACTER NAME}
({alias, full title, or some sort of tag line})

{race, profession, title, occupation, hometown, etc}

QUICK FACTS

Aliases:
{nicknames and other names known by}

Race:
{race your character belongs to}

Profession:
{your character's in-game profession}

Marital Status:
{current marital status}

Position:
{occupational, title, etc}

Usually found:
{where character usually hangs out}

BASIC LOOKS

Eyes:
{eye colour}

Hair:
{short hair description}

Skin:
{short skin description}

Build:
{overall physical build, short}

Oddities:
{something odd about your character}

FAMILY

• {family member}
  • {familiy member. To add new members, start a new line with
  • before the end list tag}

Strengths, talents, and points of pride:
{strengths etc here}

Weaknesses, detriments, and points of improvement:
{weaknesses etc here}

RP INFO

Player:
{how you're known OOC}

Timezone:
{your timezone}

Best hours:
{your best RP hours}

RP Limits:
{your RP limits here}

{you will probably need to put some spaces here. This will push the text in the left column up toward the top. How many you need will depend on the difference in the length of text on the left and right columns. Just keep adding spaces, and checking the completed post. It's trial and error here.}

Appearance details
{appearance details here}

Personality
{personality here}

Religious beliefs/philosophy
{religious beliefs etc here}

Childhood
{childhood history paragraphs here}

Recent history
{recent history paragraphs here}

{this is just to push the displayed example out to the proper width. If the left column has longer text than the right, and the right text is not at the top of the cell, you may need to press enter here to create blank lines.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX}

CODE
Copy
[table] [tr] [th][IMG]{direct link to an image of your character}[/IMG][/th] [th][right][size=6]{YOUR CHARACTER NAME}[/size] ({alias, full title, or some sort of tag line}) [i]{race, profession, title, occupation, hometown, etc}[/i][/right] [rule] [/th] [/tr] [tr] [td] [center][b]QUICK FACTS[/b][/center] [b]Aliases:[/b] {nicknames and other names known by} [b]Race:[/b] {race your character belongs to} [b]Gender:[/b] {gender identity, or not as applicable} [b]Profession:[/b] {your character's in-game profession} [b]Age:[/b] {age or apparent age} [b]Marital Status:[/b] {current marital status} [b]Position:[/b] {occupational, title, etc} [b]Usually found:[/b] {where character usually hangs out} [rule] [center][b]BASIC LOOKS[/b][/center] [b]Eyes:[/b] {eye colour} [b]Hair:[/b] {short hair description} [b]Skin:[/b] {short skin description} [b]Build:[/b] {overall physical build, short} [b]Oddities:[/b] {something odd about your character} [rule] [center][b]FAMILY[/b][/center] [list] [*] {family member} [*] {familiy member. To add new members, start a new line with [*] before the end list tag} [/list] [rule] [b]Strengths, talents, and points of pride:[/b] {strengths etc here} [b]Weaknesses, detriments, and points of improvement:[/b] {weaknesses etc here} [rule] [center][b]RP INFO[/b][/center] [b]Player:[/b] {how you're known OOC} [b]Timezone:[/b] {your timezone} [b]Best hours:[/b] {your best RP hours} [b]RP Limits:[/b] {your RP limits here} {you will probably need to put some spaces here. This will push the text in the left column up toward the top. How many you need will depend on the difference in the length of text on the left and right columns. Just keep adding spaces, and checking the completed post. It's trial and error here.} [/td] [td] [center][size=5][b]Appearance details[/b][/size][/center] {appearance details here} [center][size=5][b]Personality[/b][/size][/center] {personality here} [center][size=5][b]Religious beliefs/philosophy[/b][/size][/center] {religious beliefs etc here} [center][size=5][b]Childhood[/b][/size][/center] {childhood history paragraphs here} [center][size=5][b]Recent history[/b][/size][/center] {recent history paragraphs here} {this is just to push the displayed example out to the proper width. If the left column has longer text than the right, and the right text is not at the top of the cell, you may need to press enter here to create blank lines. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX} [/tr] [/table]
I got Tumblrs.
Sadrienne [IC] || Shifting Colour [Me!]

Follow me, lovely people.

GW2 NOTES
a positive anonymous post blog
Posted Nov 8, 13 · OP · Last edited Nov 8, 13
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+27
I just wanted to say thank you for posting this layout! I am new to GW2, but through other games I have done at least a dozen character sheets and I feel like they have all been the same. This layout is a magnificent gem among them. Again, thank you.
adc8602e742e46a2.png
Posted Jan 5, 14
Pogs:
+287
Conceptually I like it, and normally something like this would work fine, but (and maybe it's just me), Enjin sites are formatted to be very narrow, and it doesn't seem like there is enough room to comfortably fit 2 columns without forcing excessive scrolling.
Characters:
Lanz - Human Noble Mesmer
Posted Jan 5, 14
Pogs:
+434
It looks like it fits alright here! I really like this format. It's not like anything I've seen here before.
p9ujqBd.png

Posted Jan 5, 14
Pogs:
+287
See, even that. The history part is fine because it's larger, and the bullets on the sidebar higher up look fine, but once it gets further into the bio for stuff like strengths and weaknesses, you've got it taking 10 lines to write one sentence.

I could see that sort of column spacing (with one column larger than the other) working, but only if the side column contains very text-lite content, otherwise it just looks squished.
Characters:
Lanz - Human Noble Mesmer
Posted Jan 5, 14
Pogs:
+7
Thank you for the template!
29e68f712898022c-s.jpg
Posted Sep 15, 15
Pogs:
I started recommending this profile on my own guild's site. Its very well made! Good job.
Posted Sep 20, 16 · Last edited Sep 20, 16
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices